headlights come on when hitting unlock on key fob

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just unlocked my Sport with the lights in auto last night and the lights came on. Was dark outside as well. Actually I didn't even have to hit unlock, I just opened the door with the car off.
Sponsored

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
Ya exactly it happened once and I could not repeat it happening again
I have a 2017 civic hatchback lx...I was parked in the parking garage at work and when I hit unlock on the key fob the doors unlocked but the headlights came on and the parking lights came on as well for 20 seconds... it only did this once and when I tried to do it again only the doors unlocked....is this a normal thing for the headlights and parking lights to come on when you hit unlock on the key fob?
depends on what position u put your setting on if u leave in the symbol of the parking lights it will have the lights come on when u unlock

dalaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-T 6-Speed Manual
Country flag
depends on what position u put your setting on if u leave in the symbol of the parking lights it will have the lights come on when u unlock
Ah, that makes sense. I must have had the switch in the headlight "ON" position that one time so it came on when I hit unlock. I just have to accept that it is a cheaper headlight control than my Accord.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you leave it in the on position it won't turn off and should give you a constant beep if you turn the car off, letting you know you left the lights on. Auto is a different story as it turns off after 15 seconds normally.

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Ah, that makes sense. I must have had the switch in the headlight "ON" position that one time so it came on when I hit unlock. I just have to accept that it is a cheaper headlight control than my Accord.

If you left it on the on position, as soon as you open the door a beeping sound will constantly keeping going until you either close the door or turn it off/ back to auto. Leaving it on the ON position will just leave the lights on forever and drain the battery.

dalaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-T 6-Speed Manual
Country flag
If you leave it in the on position it won't turn off and should give you a constant beep if you turn the car off, letting you know you left the lights on. Auto is a different story as it turns off after 15 seconds normally.
It does turn off in the on position, after locking the car. I didn't time how long that was but it was no more than a minute.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sounds like a battery saving feature. It should be warning you that you left them on once you turn the key off if the selector is in the on position.

NegZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan (Touring)
Country flag
Works every time on my 2017 touring. Headlights need to be on auto and it needs to be dark outside.
Sponsored