Hatchback sport touring pricing???

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
As time goes by I think I'm leaning more sport touring hatch than si/Type R so I was wondering where we think it will slot price wise???
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
There was a couple posts her earlier that I'm too lazy to look up with documents saying it's a little hair under $29,000 before destination.

EDIT* http://hondamobileassistant.com/civic-hatch/trims-colors
Here we go, $28,300 before destination so effectively $29,135 after destination + TTL.

OP
OP
AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
There was a couple posts her earlier that I'm too lazy to look up with documents saying it's a little hair under $29,000 before destination.

EDIT* http://hondamobileassistant.com/civic-hatch/trims-colors
Here we go, $28,300 before destination so effectively $29,135 after destination + TTL.
See to me I think this will be the perfect combo of drivability and usability in a daily driver. I think the R will be aggressive and a bit rough on a daily, although I could be wrong. The Sport touring will have great cargo, great amenities and nice drive. That 29k is a bit high but could probably buy for around 27,500

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
See to me I think this will be the perfect combo of drivability and usability in a daily driver. I think the R will be aggressive and a bit rough on a daily, although I could be wrong. The Sport touring will have great cargo, great amenities and nice drive. That 29k is a bit high but could probably buy for around 27,500
I'll believe 27.5 when I see a bill of sale for that amount. Considering a Sport Touring hatch accounts for a projected 10% of hatch sales, and hatches account for a projected 15% of all Civic sales in North America, I wouldn't be surprised if pricing is less flexible on these due to limited availability and a 2.5% excise tax for import.

nabusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, Acura RLX
I called my dealership and they said the sport touring would be available with a 6 speed manual transmission. But I can't find any info online.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I called my dealership and they said the sport touring would be available with a 6 speed manual transmission. But I can't find any info online.
6MT only standard on Sport Touring in Canada. You're stuck with the CVT in the USA.

OP
OP
AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
We will see. I hope I can get a good price. It's the perfect fit for me.

OP
OP
AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
I'm starting to think that a 4000 difference between the exL and sport touring sounds like too much for the little bit of added equipment something isn't right

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
17 Sedan Touring around for ~26k (I've seen lower) and like was posted earlier the wiggle room on the hatchs will be minimal. So 28-29k for a Hatchback top trim is a 3-4k premium.
The hatchback does include larger wheels, fancier exhaust, auto high beams, and some body add on body mods that are extra grand or so on the Sedan. Plus the import fee and you're looking at a good reason why it's that way

OP
OP
AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
17 Sedan Touring around for ~26k (I've seen lower) and like was posted earlier the wiggle room on the hatchs will be minimal. So 28-29k for a Hatchback top trim is a 3-4k premium.
The hatchback does include larger wheels, fancier exhaust, auto high beams, and some body add on that are extra grand or so on the Sedan. Plus the import fee and you're looking at a good reason why it's that way
The ex L hatch is 25,900 I don't think it will be 29 to start

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
And exl sedan and Touring have a +2k difference so add another 2g to the exl nav hatch and still adds up like i said

OP
OP
AndreaCristiano

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
And exl sedan and Touring have a +2k difference so add another 2g to the exl nav hatch and still adds up like i said
Bro the exL hatch with nav etc is 25k so at most I think it's 2-3 G more

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The absolute price difference may be 3-4k since you can negotiate on the Touring sedan more than the Sport Touring hatch, but you can't say that the pricing is 'unjustifiable' because of that sole reason. The market forces that dictate the additional discount the sedan gets isn't Honda's decision so you don't go running off saying Honda is price gouging at $4000 compared to the sedan. The Touring is $27,435 with destination and the hatch is $29,135. That's a $1,700 price difference which accounts for the larger wheels/better tires, auto high beams, marginally sounding better audio system, sport pedals and the import excise. Also, hatches are generally marketed as the more premium option in any vehicle's lineup. Is it a bargain? No, but it's justified.

The EX-L sedan with either HS or Nav is $25,635 and the Touring is $27,435, an $1,800 spread.
The EX-L hatch with Sensing and Nav is $26,135 and the S.Touring is $29,135, a $3,000 spread. The spread difference between the two of $12,000 probably accounts for the exhaust, nice wheels, pedals, misc items.

You're just pissed because you realized the Sport Touring is $29,000 and you think it's overpriced.

bsirk3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EXL with sensing Ordered.
The EX-L hatch is 26,135 after dest. Add sensing 27,135. The touring has that option standard. So, that leaves 2k of other additional add ons the touring comes with...so, yes, 29k is exactly right. And no go on getting any kind of a good deal! You will have to wait until they are out for a year to get any real savings.

Prices vary between US and Canada

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The EX-L hatch is 26,135 after dest. Add sensing 27,135. The touring has that option standard. So, that leaves 2k of other additional add ons the touring comes with...so, yes, 29k is exactly right. And no go on getting any kind of a good deal! You will have to wait until they are out for a year to get any real savings.

Prices vary between US and Canada
Sensing is standard on the EX-L Nav hatch. There's a $3,000 difference between EX-L Nav and S.Touring

In Canada, the Sport is $25,190 manual only, Sport HS w/ CVT is $27,490, Sport Touring 6MT with Honda Sensing (no low speed follow) is $29,390 and Sport Touring CVT loaded is $30,690,

All trims have a $1,595 Freight/Pre Delivery Inspection fee, $100 in Federal A/C Tax and $20 in Tire Disposal Fee. ($4 per tire)
Sponsored