Hatchback Sport/Sport Touring Illuminated Door Sill

Vudkip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Hello everybody!

I'm having a serious issue with a part that I ordered and I'm not sure where to turn to at this point.

I bought my '17 Sport Touring Hatch back in May, and with it I bought the illuminated door sill guards. On the Honda website, it said it was available in red for Sport/Sport Touring models. Its been over two months now, and now my dealership is saying they can't install that part, as it's not available from Honda.

They keep trying to push the blue on me, and I have red everything else. It just won't work!

I've tried calling Honda's 1-800 number found on their site, and they look in the e-shop which states it's only blue available.

Can anybody help me and guide me in the right direction? I think the part number is #08E12-TEA-100A, but they're stating that it's only for the SI edition and doesn't fit mine.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
That's funny. When I went to my dealer to get the illuminated sills for my Sport Touring, I told them I wanted the model with blue illumination, but they refused, saying that only the model with red illumination would work with the Sport Touring. The parts with "TEA" in the middle are the ones with the red illumination. Supposedly they'll work with the LX, EX, Sport, Sport Touring, Type-R and SI.

OP
OP

Vudkip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
That's funny. When I went to my dealer to get the illuminated sills for my Sport Touring, I told them I wanted the model with blue illumination, but they refused, saying that only the model with red illumination would work with the Sport Touring. The parts with "TEA" in the middle are the ones with the red illumination. Supposedly they'll work with the LX, EX, Sport, Sport Touring, Type-R and SI.
Want to trade dealerships? Haha! Alright, I'm gonna give it another shot with them and see what I can do. I actually called another dealership and they never got back to me.

All I am seeing is blue as well. Oh wait, here you go
Thank you! I had actually shown them that you could literally just Google it, and a bunch of sites popped up with them. If they can't get it installed I might have to take a swing at doing it myself and order from one of them, but I'd rather leave it to the "professionals" for warranty purposes alone!
Sponsored