Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models?

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Hey all,

I have a EXL Hatchback, but I was wondering...

Do you think a Hatchback Sport trim Aero-kit (front/side/rear) can be replaced/installed on the Hatchback EX trim models?

(NO... I'm not talking about the RED HFP Aero-kits you can add for the LX/EX/EXL trims like the ones below)

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? tumblr_oep4giLmb31rm9payo1_1280

I'm talking about the BLACK stock ones that come with the SPORT and SPORT TOURING edition ones.

I took a close look at the Sport and EX tirims... noticed the bolt patters on the front/rear wheel wells are different between the two.
This only becomes a concern if you want to add the OEM splash guards... they only fit the LX/EX/EXL wheel well bolt patterns... plus the front part of the side aero skirt will not fit the OEM slash guards.

I don't think the Front/Rear bumper aero-kits will have any issues... looks like the bolt patters are the same from what I can see under the car.

I didn't want to get the Sport trims because i would lose 3" truck space due to the central exhaust designs... pushing the spare tire well high into the car (yes, they are different chassis designs).

Anyone ever tried or know?

Here is the FRONT bumper:
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? upload_2017-3-25_23-23-44-

#2 = for LX/EX/EXL = lower intercooler grill + bottom spoiler
#3 = for Sport/ST = glossy piano black spoiler with wider flares (#7 sits above #3 with same connection points as #2)

Here is the REAR bumper:
upload_2017-3-25_23-26-58.png

#4 = LX/EX/EXL = matt finished spoiler without the central exhaust cut-outs
#5 = Sport/ST = glossy piano black spoiler with the central exhaust cutouts (doesn't show properly in diagram)

Here is the SIDE trim:
upload_2017-3-25_23-29-55.png

#1/4 = Left/Right bottom door trim for all models. (both diagrams look the same, but the part #s and prices are very different)

RED SPORT HATCHBACK:
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? 2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-Touring-rear-three-quarter-02-1
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? 2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-Touring-rear-three-quarter-02-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? 2017-honda-civic-hatchback-sport-trunk-u

WHITE EX HATCHBACK:
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? 2017-honda-civic-hatchback-sport-trunk-u

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? new-2017-honda-civic_hatchback-excvt-8495-16161908-7-1024

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess would be yes but I am certainly not sure. I knew the sport exhaust had an effect but did not realize the difference in "hatch floor height" was so vast.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Hey all,

I have a EXL Hatchback, but I was wondering...

Do you think a Hatchback Sport trim Aero-kit (front/side/rear) can be replaced/installed on the Hatchback EX trim models?

(NO... I'm not talking about the RED HFP Aero-kits you can add for the LX/EX/EXL trims like the ones below)

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? tumblr_oep4giLmb31rm9payo1_1280

I'm talking about the BLACK stock ones that come with the SPORT and SPORT TOURING edition ones.

I took a close look at the Sport and EX tirims... noticed the bolt patters on the front/rear wheel wells are different between the two.
This only becomes a concern if you want to add the OEM splash guards... they only fit the LX/EX/EXL wheel well bolt patterns... plus the front part of the side aero skirt will not fit the OEM slash guards.

I don't think the Front/Rear bumper aero-kits will have any issues... looks like the bolt patters are the same from what I can see under the car.

I didn't want to get the Sport trims because i would lose 3" truck space due to the central exhaust designs... pushing the spare tire well high into the car (yes, they are different chassis designs).

Anyone ever tried or know?

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? new-2017-honda-civic_hatchback-excvt-8495-16161908-7-1024
Never saw red hfp kits.. Are they oem? But the sport aero kit is an option for all hatchbacks.. So ya they fit all hatchback trims...

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never saw red hfp kits.. Are they oem? But the sport aero kit is an option for all hatchbacks.. So ya they fit all hatchback trims...
The red aero kit is OEM. I think it's actually the only option aero kit available from Honda. ($1415 MSRP)

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
The red aero kit is OEM. I think it's actually the only option aero kit available from Honda. ($1415 MSRP)
I dont see that as an option @ honda.com..

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont see that as an option @ honda.com..
I actually just looked. They are listed as three separate pieces. (front, rear, and sides)

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? IMG_0041.PNG

mrobison12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic WOP Hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Correct, they are OEM.
However... they are ONLY available for the LX/EX/EXL trims as add-ons.

The Sport / Sport Touring have DIFFERENT spoiler trims than those listed for the Red HFP ones.

I personally prefer the black Sport aero kit design more... flares out more and seems more functional than the red HFP ones.

One interesting note though... if you look at the OEM part numbers and prices... the Sport trim Aero-kits are CHEAPER in price than the LX/EX/EXL standard parts.
Upon inspection... they physically are "lighter" and "less rigid" than the regular stock ones.

(FYI, there are some rumors that Honda will release a HFP version of the Hatchback with the red under body spoilers + flared roof spoiler + Red HFP 18" alloy wheels and larger drilled roters and larger calipers like this below)

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? 02-2017-honda-civic-hatchback-hfp-concept-sema-1

With these type of wheels:
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? 08w18-tea-100a2_750x562

OP
OP

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
I should have posted this at the top...

Here is the FRONT bumper:
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? upload_2017-3-25_23-23-44

#2 = for LX/EX/EXL = lower intercooler grill + bottom spoiler
#3 = for Sport/ST = glossy piano black spoiler with wider flares (#7 sits above #3 with same connection points as #2)

Here is the REAR bumper:
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? upload_2017-3-25_23-26-58

#4 = LX/EX/EXL = matt finished spoiler without the central exhaust cut-outs
#5 = Sport/ST = glossy piano black spoiler with the central exhaust cutouts (doesn't show properly in diagram)

Here is the SIDE trim:
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Aero-kit swapped on EX models? upload_2017-3-25_23-29-55

#1/4 = Left/Right bottom door trim for all models. (both diagrams look the same, but the part #s and prices are very different)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can always go to the dealer and see if they have it in their options book to fit your trim level. Parts departments should have an accessories catalog you can look in or the parts person should be able to look it up in the system to be sure.

OP
OP

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
You can always go to the dealer and see if they have it in their options book to fit your trim level. Parts departments should have an accessories catalog you can look in or the parts person should be able to look it up in the system to be sure.
I have and it says they are not compatible.
Doesn't say why though... I'm not sure if the exact bolt patterns are different or not... the dealership data does not specify this information.

Unless I take a Sport trim spoiler part and try to bolt it to my EXL... I won't know.

I find it strange if they wouldn't match... since all the other parts are the exact same stock numbers.

Civic Guy 18

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport hatchback touring
Country flag
have any of you swapped out the rear bumper on an EX to a sport rear bumper
Sponsored