Hatchback owners, have you slept/camped in the back yet?

AIBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Obviously you might have to be on the shorter side to fit it comfortably, but it's very tempting to take a nap back there sometimes and it seems roomy enough.
Sponsored

Minty_tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ST Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the distance from the back of the front seats to the rear bumper? In other words, how short do you have to be to be able to lie down in back?

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
when i had my sedan it measured 6 feet plus-ish with the front seats all the way back. if a flat surface matters take the seat bottom out and the seat backs lay flat. me 6-2 i think i could sleep good back there in a pinch. just tried and for me very comfee.

CarNutAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It's funny that you mention this. The other night when I was drunk I had this idea that the hatchback might be useable for car camping, so I decided to test this at 3am in my garage. With the rear seats folded flat I can comfortable lay down with no "overhang." I'm only 5'7", so your results will very if you're 5'10"+. I even estimate that my Coleman camping inflatable air mattress would fit the width of the cargo are too.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's funny that you mention this. The other night when I was drunk I had this idea that the hatchback might be useable for car camping, so I decided to test this at 3am in my garage. With the rear seats folded flat I can comfortable lay down with no "overhang." I'm only 5'7", so your results will very if you're 5'10"+. I even estimate that my Coleman camping inflatable air mattress would fit the width of the cargo are too.
LMAO! That honesty is too real.

So if all the people I've seen in my area with hatches are chicks (they have been), assume they're roughly my height at 5'6" + a Coleman air mattress + Montell Jordan playing out the stereo = fun times, yes?

Minty_tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ST Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 5'10", so I'm hoping I fit.

Gotta get my hatch first though...

OP
OP
AIBO

AIBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 5'10", so I'm hoping I fit.

Gotta get my hatch first though...
I'm 5'8" and I fit without having to scoot the front seats up so I think you should be fine, it's also a lot easier to get in through the back seat doors for whatever reason.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Wow. This never, ever, ever, EVER would have occurred to me.

Now it's on my to do list. :yes:

KazzyK810

First Name
Kazzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I routinely camp in my civic hatchback! I place a piece of cut foam in the drop, of the trunk/boot, to level it out. Then lay down my tent camping pad, then my inflatable backpacking pad, then my bedding. I’m 5’4”, 150 lbs, and It’s super comfortable for me to sleep back there.
FYI...My son is 6’3”, 220lbs, and when he tested it out, he too can lay in the back, if the front seat is pushed all the way forward, and a cooler or suitcase is placed in the rear footwell to support the end of the sleeping pad & pillow.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback owners, have you slept/camped in the back yet? 75D2722F-0D72-49B4-A467-D2BB10BCC559

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am pretty short so I can probably fit in there with ease. I did order a lower rear strut bar for the hatch though, so I cannot camp or sleep in the back once it is mounted.