Hatchback Fake Vent Upgrades

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Has anyone come across any cool upgrades/modifications to make the fake vents less fake and stupid?

I'm leery of being the first yahoo to try and mess with them but having some additional lighting built into the front/rear vents might be cool if done right.
Sponsored

Casicone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch EX - Black
I was wondering how they'd look plasti-dipped. They would appear a bit darker rather than a color that resembles something that used to be black and is now sun-dyed. Not sure how difficult they are to remove.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
I was wondering how they'd look plasti-dipped. They would appear a bit darker rather than a color that resembles something that used to be black and is now sun-dyed. Not sure how difficult they are to remove.
i too was thinking about that. With the sun fade, I think plastidip would look much better

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
I thought I was going crazy. I've had my hatch for not even 2 months and it looks dull. I used aerospace 303 spray and it definitely darkened it by a lot but still would like to replace them.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm curious as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Si Sedan shares the same vent parts from the hatch back (though the actual rear bumper may be different). I recently picked up a few cans of plastidip (black & glossifier). If it's nice out this weekend I may try it out see how it looks. If it looks like crap I can just peel it off.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick take in Photoshop for some (very rough) reverse fogs. I may try other styles later on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Fake Vent Upgrades ReverseFogs

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
I think its wont make a lot of difference but corsomotion.com has LED reflectors for Hatchbacks and I guess for the Si

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I think its wont make a lot of difference but corsomotion.com has LED reflectors for Hatchbacks and I guess for the Si
Oh interesting. I wanted to replace those reflectors with an LED reflector and run a wire back to the driver side panel with a rear fog button.

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
Oh interesting. I wanted to replace those reflectors with an LED reflector and run a wire back to the driver side panel with a rear fog button.
Let me know If you buy them. I know they are a bit expensive but I havent seen anything else for Hatch,

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Let me know If you buy them. I know they are a bit expensive but I havent seen anything else for Hatch,
The price itself is just the reflectors itself. That still poses an issue where to source a button for the panel up front, as well as the wiring.

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The price itself is just the reflectors itself. That still poses an issue where to source a button for the panel up front, as well as the wiring.
Corsomotion sells a module aswell. It splices with the rear parking/day lights and the brake light circuit. Basically they stay on when your headlights are on, and then illuminate to full brightness when you step on the brakes. Its a total of 200 bucks with the LED hatchback reflectors..o_O
If you want the option to turn them on individualy then you would have to drill a hole for the button or switch (maybe next to the shifter) and run wires underneath carpets and the center console or wherever you want the switch to be and also a wire to power from the switch

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Corsomotion sells a module aswell. It splices with the rear parking/day lights and the brake light circuit. Basically they stay on when your headlights are on, and then illuminate to full brightness when you step on the brakes. Its a total of 200 bucks with the LED hatchback reflectors..o_O
If you want the option to turn them on individualy then you would have to drill a hole for the button or switch (maybe next to the shifter) and run wires underneath carpets and the center console or wherever you want the switch to be and also a wire to power from the switch
Pretty much. I want them as a rear fog option not to be part of my brake lights. I haven't seen a foglight switch out yet so I'll be waiting. The UKDM fog switch is on the turn stalk so it will be hard to retrofit that.
Sponsored