Hatchback cupholder/center console ... am I missing something?

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
So, I took a look through my buddies sedan, and I noticed that his car had a couple extra parts in the cup holder/ console area.

The sedan is a 2016 EX-L, my car is a 2017 Hatch Sport.

On the sedan, he had a rubber mat in the bottom of the console, behind the cup holders. It covers the two screw holes that attach the console to the floor, and has a sort of engraving with a Honda logo, sportbike and such on the bottom. My car did not have this.

Also on the sedan , there is a small sliding tray (for coins or something), on a track above the sliding cupholder. My car has this track, but there is no sliding tray.

Do the hatchbacks not come with these pieces? Or perhaps someone snagged them before I got my car? It was in the showroom at the dealer for at least a couple days, so Im thinking maybe someone sat in it and stole them?
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Unless I'm wrong, the Sport trim is closer to the LX (lowest sedan trim in Canada) in terms of convenience features.
The LX doesn't come with either of those things up here, along with a light above shifter, sunroof, etc.

If you really want them you can order them from any Honda parts store and put them in yourself.

hatchman

RG_21
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Navi, 2016 HR-V
I have the Hatchback EX-L Navi and mine came with the sliding thing.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yeah, it's called cost cutting.

OP
OP
choo

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thats what I figured but just wanted to make sure.

I guess they left a few things out here and there. The sliding tray looks kinda pointless. But I find it odd they didnt put the mat in the bottom, as it kinda finishes the floor of the console. Without it you can see the screw holes, and little dust and dirt can build up there.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Thats what I figured but just wanted to make sure.

I guess they left a few things out here and there. The sliding tray looks kinda pointless. But I find it odd they didnt put the mat in the bottom, as it kinda finishes the floor of the console. Without it you can see the screw holes, and little dust and dirt can build up there.
Nonsense, you're just saying the tray is pointless to make you feel better. I put car wash coins and a pack of gum in there. It's extremely useful. Garage door opener goes by the cubby where the hinge is.

jackquelegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX, 2015 BMW 328i xDrive
Country flag
Unless I'm wrong, the Sport trim is closer to the LX (lowest sedan trim in Canada) in terms of convenience features.
The LX doesn't come with either of those things up here, along with a light above shifter, sunroof, etc.

If you really want them you can order them from any Honda parts store and put them in yourself.
I just checked my Canadian LX hatchback. It has the rubber mat, but doesn't have the sliding coin tray.

But again the Canadian LX models are more equipped like EX models in the US (all CAN LX models come with the upgraded infotainment and heated seats etc)
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback cupholder/center console ... am I missing something? mJC1KbD

OP
OP
choo

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Upon further consideration, the "Dispensing Station" would be a good spot for eye drops (contacts) and chapstick...lol. I may add it to my list.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
And where can we purchase said rubber mats and sliding trays?

I have the hatchback sport and i would love to add these to the console.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring

Yeah, just get them at the dealer as replacement parts. They shouldn't be too much.

defeated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX, 2007 Chevy Silverado
Country flag

Part number for the mat is 83419-TBA-A01ZA. I got one from eBay.

Sec126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
My LX came with the sliding tray. I use it a lot, not for holding drinks though. Makes shifting a pain in the azz
Sponsored