Hatch EX-L w/ Navi VS. Hatch Sport Touring

barnaby8787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX5
Hey All,

I'm getting a second car soon and after sitting in the hatch at the NY Auto Show, i'm pretty sold pending I like the drive (which i'm confident I will). My question is, who has an EX-L Navi, who has a sport touring, and do you either regret not getting one or the other, etc.? Or what do you like about one vs. the other? I'm really in between. Part of me says splurge on the Sport Touring and part of me says it's not worth it. Just wanted to get opinions, thoughts, etc. Thanks!
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Well, all the little luxuries and doodads aren't "worth it", but they're nice to have, and after a month, I kinda enjoy them.

I splurged on the Sport Touring because they had no manual hatchbacks, and if I couldn't have a manual, I want all the other tricks to make up for it. Plus, my wife said, "If you like it, get it."

If there's one thing that makes me prefer either of the Sport trims to any other, it's the fact that the CVT comes with paddle shifters. I really don't like how any automatic transmission can't predict which gear I'm going to need, so being able to click down a few [virtual] gears helps make the CVT livable for me.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I wouldn't get the EX-L Navi - if I wanted to save, it would have been an EX (XM is a must, no way that base Sport will cut it, plus the car is a bit dark without the sunroof letting light in). LED headlights are the most special item in the Sport Touring IMO. Never been crazy about leather seats, and I honestly don't use the navi, had it in my previous car too. I don't even do Carplay because there's no Waze integration. Maybe get an EX + Sensing on a budget... Sensing hasn't been intrusive and is well worth the extra $1k.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I wouldn't get the EX-L Navi - if I wanted to save, it would have been an EX (XM is a must, no way that base Sport will cut it, plus the car is a bit dark without the sunroof letting light in). LED headlights are the most special item in the Sport Touring IMO. Never been crazy about leather seats, and I honestly don't use the navi, had it in my previous car too. I don't even do Carplay because there's no Waze integration. Maybe get an EX + Sensing on a budget... Sensing hasn't been intrusive and is well worth the extra $1k.

This is exactly where I was few months ago.

EX-L Navi adds to or replaces EX features
• Automatic-dimming rearview mirror
• Driver’s seat with 8-way power adjustment
• Leather-trimmed seats
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel
• Leather-wrapped shift knob
• Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation SystemTM19 with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic

Autodimming, not a dealbreaker. Power seats, did not want since it has no memory. Leather, no thanks. Leather steering wheel + shiftknob is $180 from the parts store. I rather have Android Auto or Apple Carplay for my navigation.

EX-L Navi is not worth it IMO unless you really want all those items. If anything it should be a comparision between the EX w/ sensing and Sport Touring like he said.

vixty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hatchback ex
Country flag
I was in the same boat and decided to go with the ex with sensing and I paid to have leather installed and an auto dimming mirror. I didn't want the navy because I like google maps and it slows the head unit down.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatch EX-L w/ Navi VS. Hatch Sport Touring IMG_0112.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatch EX-L w/ Navi VS. Hatch Sport Touring IMG_0113.JPG

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, '17 Civic Hatchbacks EX-L
I've got my EX-L Navi w/ Sense on the way and debated the same things. For me the dealership had me hooked when they said they had the color I wanted (Sonic Gray) available as a production slot being built a week later. Something about knowing I'll be the only driver once it pulls off the trailer for me.

abcmyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sports touring hatchback
Country flag
Get the touring!

U get better headlights, 452 watt subwoofers, Wireless charging pad and some other stuff

It might cost you more just to upgrade those thing.

darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata
I was in the same boat and decided to go with the ex with sensing and I paid to have leather installed and an auto dimming mirror. I didn't want the navy because I like google maps and it slows the head unit down.

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG
Was aftermarket leather worth it? Wouldn't it be about the same to just do the EXL?

What after market leather. Company did you go with?

Thanks!
Sponsored