teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
I ran with 87 and was still getting 7-9ign

Ok so i'm not the only one who have these retarded ign numbers! I dont know why vit never see this before?
Sponsored

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
huh
7 to 9 not 7 to -9

Ohh ok misreading sorry. Yesterday when i talk to the tuner it tell's me that our better gas here (shell vpower) was equivalent of the lowest in the U.S

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
This thread make me wonder (again):

Is high quality 91 octane (vs el cheapo quickymart 87) not the best bang for the buck "performance upgrade" you can make on your 1.5t?

Last edited:
OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This thread make me wonder (again):

Is high quality 91 octane (vs el cheapo quickymart 87) not the best bang for the buck "performance upgrade" you can make on your 1.5t?

Yes if 91 quality fuel was something we can afford here, it could be a big performance upgrade. My tuner is one of my friend and today he called me for doing a free dyno with better fuel and see what's going on with the ign and boost, when done i will post results here.

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
Yes if 91 quality fuel was something we can afford here, it could be a big performance upgrade. My tuner is one of my friend and today he called me for doing a free dyno with better fuel and see what's going on with the ign and boost, when done i will post results here.
Awesome.

I am lucky to have access to both E0 and E10 91 octane here (Conoco, Shell) and they both 'feel' like there's a significant torque boost over 87. It would be great to have some dyno verification.

thanks

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
LoL SMH.

I've tuned thousands of cars, race cars or not, who cares? This platform is quite a bit different from the previous Honda generations and the ECU is much more complex. Things being watered down to the "basics" in the "tuning" software doesn't make the platform easy to tune -- it's been given that appearance so the dude with the laptop that doesn't know what he's looking at can fiddle with things and look like a magician for minimal effort and understanding of the platform. A lot of the work has already been done in the background -- this shouldn't be too hard to comprehend.

Hondata and KTuner will both tell you the same thing about the complexity of this ECU. I've had plenty of conversations about it with them, and more capability for controlling this ECU is coming soon enough.

You are not running -7 to -8 ignition. Not even on 87 octane do I come anywhere close to this. 91 Canadian fuel isn't that bad, I've tuned countless cars on it. Try doing 91 octane Arizona cars, then get back to me. You're welcome to post a datalog and I'll be happy to point out your actual timing map for you.

A stock 9th gen dynos 160-170whp here on my Dynapack. So that mustang dyno isn't that "low". Should of thrown that mishimoto intake in the trash bin and run the factory intake. Not the first aftermarket intake dyno on the stock car I've seen that looks "low" -- sucks when the MAF curve gets skewed, right? I would assume your MAF scale was retuned for you.

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LoL SMH.

I've tuned thousands of cars, race cars or not, who cares? This platform is quite a bit different from the previous Honda generations and the ECU is much more complex. Things being watered down to the "basics" in the "tuning" software doesn't make the platform easy to tune -- it's been given that appearance so the dude with the laptop that doesn't know what he's looking at can fiddle with things and look like a magician for minimal effort and understanding of the platform. A lot of the work has already been done in the background -- this shouldn't be too hard to comprehend.

Hondata and KTuner will both tell you the same thing about the complexity of this ECU. I've had plenty of conversations about it with them, and more capability for controlling this ECU is coming soon enough.

You are not running -7 to -8 ignition. Not even on 87 octane do I come anywhere close to this. 91 Canadian fuel isn't that bad, I've tuned countless cars on it. Try doing 91 octane Arizona cars, then get back to me. You're welcome to post a datalog and I'll be happy to point out your actual timing map for you.

A stock 9th gen dynos 160-170whp here on my Dynapack. So that mustang dyno isn't that "low". Should of thrown that mishimoto intake in the trash bin and run the factory intake. Not the first aftermarket intake dyno on the stock car I've seen that looks "low" -- sucks when the MAF curve gets skewed, right? I would assume your MAF scale was retuned for you.

Ok vit i will datalog some run and show you.

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Recorded some datalog today with torco add in the fuel tank and my ign was at +6 at WOT and boost up 24psi in the street with 54% knock. Maybe the combinason of vpower without torco and a lot of heat in the engine bay during dyno cause these -7 ign numbers when dynoing? Next fuel tank i will to another datalog witout torco and will see what happen.

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
I suspect the real ROMs are as complex or maybe even more than the STI's.

eduranjr

First Name
rtet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tgt
That's nice to know some people in Quebec start to tune our cars! Do you know If they can do a ktuner flash for an LX? I'd like to know how much it could cost to just do a stage 1 flash as I don't want to pay 1000$ for the device :/
Hello, yes, I have a LX Coupe MT and reflashed a Ktuner's tune, at this time is a fixed tune, you can not customized it, but it gave a power (10 - 12Hp's aprx) that you can actually feel, especially if you paired with a CAI as I did.
here's the link: http://ktuner.com/16civic/

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How's the rev hang issue? Has the tune resolved it?

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How's the rev hang issue? Has the tune resolved it?

Flashpro dont solve rev hang for now but it suppose to resolve this in near futur, mine rev hang with flashpro same as stock.

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4 Runner Limited, 2017 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
I don't think Hondata will admit they left power on the table. They also don't want to be responsible for blown up engines and fried CVTs.
I agree you need better gas for a proper tune. We gotta remember, we're asking a lot out of a 1.5L...that's like asking a 3.0L to make over 400 hp on crappy fuel.
i dont think asking for 240-260 hp at the wheels is really asking too much.. the ford focus ST is only a 2.0 and it nearly puts down that much without a tune. I've personally owned a car with the 1.8 Toyota matrix engine that put 280 wheel horsepower after adding a turbo and tune to it. The only reason we had to stop at 280 was because i didnt want to run a tune for race gas. i only wanted pump gas. I dont think that the displacement of the new civic is going to be the limiting factor when it comes to larger HP numbers. It sounds like the transmission will fail long before the engine itself, be it the CVT or the clutch.

I was shocked when i looked up the HP numbers for the ford focus/fiesta ST. put those cars on a diet with a tune and they will beat out most of the cars that usually cost twice as much.
Sponsored