Hatch 6MT dyno flashpro experience

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Hello guy's
I passed my dyno this morning and like promise i post results. I got mishimoto intake with flashpro only. The dyno we use is a dyno mustang, my tuner say that kind of dyno is very consevative with numbers compared to dynojet. He tell me for exemple a civic si 15 put out approx. 160-165whp bone stock so keep these number in mind...

We stard dynoing the factory map witch produce 168whp and 167wtq.

After we flashed the +6 mishimoto basemap tune and we put out 184whp and 193wtq.after some run we saw 198wtq and 187whp.

After some customisation:
Run1 184whp 204wtq
Run2 200whp 197wtq
Run3 191whp 201wtq
Run4 186whp 206wtq

Here is the max we can with our poor gas quality, the ign was sometimes at -8 -7 and that limit the boost. I try to upload pics but was not able. I will do a vid on youtube and send link here. One thing we learn today is the basemap are really safe to run, the ecu do all the job so a custom tune is not really requiered but for some people maybe worth it. My tuner tell that past gen civic was way more complex to tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great results. Did you put down any mileage between runs to allow the ECU to calibrate?

Yes we run the car for about 10min on dyno after every flash, knock control were between 63% to 80% during all our pull. Let me tell one ting...it pull HARD on the street wow!

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello guy's
I passed my dyno this morning and like promise i post results. I got mishimoto intake with flashpro only. The dyno we use is a dyno mustang, my tuner say that kind of dyno is very consevative with numbers compared to dynojet. He tell me for exemple a civic si 15 put out approx. 160-165whp bone stock so keep these number in mind...

After we flashed the +6 mishimoto basemap tune and we put out 184whp and 193wtq.after some run we saw 198wtq and 187whp.

Run1 184whp 204wtq
Run2 200whp 197wtq
Run3 191whp 201wtq
Run4 186whp 206wtq

Here is the max we can with our poor gas quality, the ign was sometimes at -8 -7 and that limit the boost. I try to upload pics but was not able. I will do a vid on youtube and send link here. One thing we learn today is the basemap are really safe to run, the ecu do all the job so a custom tune is not really requiered but for some people maybe worth it. My tuner tell that past gen civic was way more complex to tune.
I feel like @VitViper will probably have something to say.. since he says the logic is more complex...

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here some dyno pics

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatch 6MT dyno flashpro experience IMG_0019.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatch 6MT dyno flashpro experience IMG_0038.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatch 6MT dyno flashpro experience IMG_0039.PNG

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Hello guy's

Run1 184whp 204wtq
Run2 200whp 197wtq
Run3 191whp 201wtq
Run4 186whp 206wtq

What fuel was this on? 87 or 91+?

No offense to you, but that tuner clearly doesn't know what he's looking at. Even on 87 octane we've never seen -8* of timing or any boost limits as a result on the MT (or CVT at that). If he's saying the previous generation is "way mo re complex" to tune, he's very inexperienced. The RSX/8th/9th gen Civics are super simple and have VERY basic ECU's and he's used to the hack and slash method of tuning and super watered down software on the Honda stuff to literally the basics.

You are seeing roughly the expected gain for a stock car.

I feel like @VitViper will probably have something to say.. since he says the logic is more complex...
There are literally hundreds of tables that either directly control or have implications in things such as boost control, throttle control, timing control, EWG response & control, DI system control and more. I've dug through and figured out a lot of it already using KTuner. Currently FlashPro only has a couple of SUPER rudimentary tables exposed that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what you can do with this ecu -- in time this will change, I'm sure ;)

For decades tooners have been used to everything watered down to just the elementary basics that makes it very easy to look like they are magicians when it comes to "tuning", when in reality they have no clue what they're looking at because the majority of the work has been done by real tuners who have figured out the ECU logic and then that logic either gets applied in the "background" without them every knowing about it, or it gets ripped from a "known" working map off someone elses car that they probably never even tuned. Boom, anyone with a laptop is now a "magician", lol.

For example: where's boost cut? There's no settings for it in either FP or KTuner. But boost cut never engages. Trust me it exists -- it's about 21-22psi, but we run 26psi+ now with no boost cut. Someone figured out where the logic is in the ECU and changed it after investing time to find it... ;)

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

No offense to you, but that tuner clearly doesn't know what he's looking at. Even on 87 octane we've never seen -8* of timing or any boost limits as a result on the MT (or CVT at that). If he's saying the previous generation is "way mo re complex" to tune, he's very inexperienced. The RSX/8th/9th gen Civics are super simple and have VERY basic ECU's and he's used to the hack and slash method of tuning and super watered down software on the Honda stuff to literally the basics.

There are literally hundreds of tables that either directly control or have implications in things such as boost control, throttle control, timing control, EWG response & control, DI system control and more. I've dug through and figured out a lot of it already using KTuner. Currently FlashPro only has a couple of SUPER rudimentary tables exposed that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what you can do with this ecu -- in time this will change, I'm sure ;)

For decades tooners have been used to everything watered down to just the elementary basics that makes it very easy to look like they are magicians when it comes to "tuning", when in reality they have no clue what they're looking at because the majority of the work has been done by real tuners who have figured out the ECU logic and then that logic either gets applied in the "background" without them every knowing about it, or it gets ripped from a "known" working map off someone elses car that they probably never even tuned. Boom, anyone with a laptop is now a "magician", lol.

For example: where's boost cut? There's no settings for it in either FP or KTuner. But boost cut never engages. Trust me it exists -- it's about 21-22psi, but we run 26psi+ now with no boost cut. Someone figured out where the logic is in the ECU and changed it after investing time to find it... ;)
my tuner say exactely the same thing to you, FlashPro only has a couple of SUPER rudimentary tables exposed that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what you can do with this ecu -- in time this will change.

First probleme here our gas in quebec are horrible and that's always be the case. It force the timing to negate at -7 and -8 why you never see that? Go to quebec and feel your car with sheel vpower and you'll see.

Listen my tuner have tune a lot of drag car and a tons of flashpro owners well satisfied, so maybe with tons of hour on dyno we can make more out but it's the case here.

Tanks for the relpy vitviper but be littlebit respectfull between the line with people. That ting said have a good day. Do you have a video of dyno testing with this manual 1.5t.?

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Below That's a conversation i've had with doug from hondata; he tell the same thing that my tuner said about tuning past gen?!? Would you mean hondata too does't know what is talking about?!? And he tell the same thing that tuner said about the custom tune on these 1.5t.
So talking the fact that custom tune are not requiered with a guy who that it's his bread and butter....... maybe in the futur the sofware will allow more in term of custom tuning but for now..... read below

Hi Nick,
Very few (très peu) dealers (like one or two) have tuned this car. I suspect that the price you are being quoted is based on the dealer’s experience of earlier model Hondas, which required a lot more tuning.
This Civic 1.5 turbo needs very very little tuning (Très très peu) if any at all. The base maps provided are ones that I have tuned for stock and a variety of intakes. There is no ignition to tune. It is all automatic. The fuel maps can be left stock (and are in the base maps we provide). All you have to do is choose the level of boost (+ 3ps or + 6 psi) and select from the intake list we have.
Do you have any mods on your car, like intake or exhaust?
On the base maps you can knock 1 second from your 0-60 and be perfectly safe.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
That's nice to know some people in Quebec start to tune our cars! Do you know If they can do a ktuner flash for an LX? I'd like to know how much it could cost to just do a stage 1 flash as I don't want to pay 1000$ for the device :/

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that fuel sucks. I get 54% reliably on Shell 91 in Northern, ON.

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's nice to know some people in Quebec start to tune our cars! Do you know If they can do a ktuner flash for an LX? I'd like to know how much it could cost to just do a stage 1 flash as I don't want to pay 1000$ for the device :/

I think nothing is disponible yet for tuning a lx . Maybe someone is working on that but for now no.

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
I don't think Hondata will admit they left power on the table. They also don't want to be responsible for blown up engines and fried CVTs.
I agree you need better gas for a proper tune. We gotta remember, we're asking a lot out of a 1.5L...that's like asking a 3.0L to make over 400 hp on crappy fuel.

OP
OP
teebee288

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't think Hondata will admit they left power on the table. They also don't want to be responsible for blown up engines and fried CVTs.
I agree you need better gas for a proper tune. We gotta remember, we're asking a lot out of a 1.5L...that's like asking a 3.0L to make over 400 hp on crappy fuel.

The fuel here is the main concern, if we put torco in fuel the ign should be less retarded an allow more boost and more hp but unfortunately we need to deal with that. It's why guy like vitviper have never tune car with this poor gas quality we had here and never see -7 -8 ign number in his test.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
The fuel here is the main concern, if we put torco in fuel the ign should be less retarded an allow more boost and more hp but unfortunately we need to deal with that. It's why guy like vitviper have never tune car with this poor gas quality we had here and never see -7 -8 ign number in his test.
I ran with 87 and was still getting 7-9ign
Sponsored