Got my drive today - didn't take it home yet

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Not at all. If I were an inch shorter I'd be past the break in point on my new Aegean Blue Civic SI sedan by now.

Ah well. Hmmm... maybe I should look at a Sport Hatch?
They say a person gets shorter as they age. ;)
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Do you think a 6'1 1/2 person will have a problem being comfortable in one?
I'm about 6'1 (a quarter-inch under) and if I lower my seat I have at least an inch before my hair starts to touch the roof. So yeah, like @TTRPGGeek said, you shouldn't have much trouble there. But as always, the best way to know for sure is to go sit in one. :) Doesn't have to be an Si, either -- any EX-T will do.

Howard_Jon3s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 acura ilx A spec, 2013 Scion frs, 1989 mustang lx 5.0
I test drove the si and was underwhelmed with it. And i ended up going with an elantra sport instead. I saved about 4 grand over the si and maintenance is about a 30 percent cheaper. I thought the si was kind of odd looking and the design would get old real fast where as the elantra sport was a little more mature looking and the elantra has an awesome spinning exhaust to boot.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
I test drove the si and was underwhelmed with it. And i ended up going with an elantra sport instead. I saved about 4 grand over the si and maintenance is about a 30 percent cheaper. I thought the si was kind of odd looking and the design would get old real fast where as the elantra sport was a little more mature looking and the elantra has an awesome spinning exhaust to boot.
Spinning exhaust? Thats a new one to me:dunno:

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
Oops proof reading is my friend. It has an awesome sounding exhaust.

Hows the shifter on the Elantra or did you get an Auto? Most of the reviews I've read say its very sloppy compared to the Si and most seemed to prefer it over the Elantra even though they mostly agree its a good deal.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
If you plan on keeping a car long term the Hyundai is fine. It also drives nice enough. The resale value on them is horrendous though.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
If you plan on keeping a car long term the Hyundai is fine. It also drives nice enough. The resale value on them is horrendous though.
Yea thats my biggest thing with anything Hyundai/Kia, they are a good value but they depreciate worse than just about any car.

OP
OP

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX
Well just drove a FoST. Got into it a couple times and definitely liked its get up and go. All seaon pirelli's on it. Spun em in first once, chirped in second once. Liked tossing it around a couple corners. Really liked the heavier clutch with a deeper engagement spot, and the longer throws on the shifter were easier for me to get used to in five minutes.

Seats (not recaro) were comfy and bolstered enough for me. Dash was... Ford. Ten years ago Ford. Also, dash caused glare on the windshield on the bright day today. Sound system (Base) was weak.

Well, there's my quick impression. Felt like a lot of fun for the price.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Well just drove a FoST. Got into it a couple times and definitely liked its get up and go. All seaon pirelli's on it. Spun em in first once, chirped in second once. Liked tossing it around a couple corners. Really liked the heavier clutch with a deeper engagement spot, and the longer throws on the shifter were easier for me to get used to in five minutes.

Seats (not recaro) were comfy and bolstered enough for me. Dash was... Ford. Ten years ago Ford. Also, dash caused glare on the windshield on the bright day today. Sound system (Base) was weak.

Well, there's my quick impression. Felt like a lot of fun for the price.
I've had many newer vehicles and my impression of the ST test drive were similar. Liked the powertrain but was like what the..... on everything interior. Owned a 15 / 16 WRX premium which are terrible inside and the ST was even worse. The Civic sport isn't glamorous either but I'd give it a try since you need the head room, that is if you are ok with hatchbacks. I like the elantra sport but can't bring myself to buy hyundai. It looks like every other car on the street as well IMO.

Howard_Jon3s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 acura ilx A spec, 2013 Scion frs, 1989 mustang lx 5.0
Hows the shifter on the Elantra or did you get an Auto? Most of the reviews I've read say its very sloppy compared to the Si and most seemed to prefer it over the Elantra even though they mostly agree its a good deal.
I got the dct. It doesn't shift quite as fast as the vw units but it's still faster than the manual and it gets great fuel economy. I found the si way to overstyled where as the elantra was more subtle and mature looking. Im not really worried about resale because i plan on keeping it for a while and i purchased it for about 3g less than the msrp of the si. Also all the dealerships in my area have 2g markups on the si.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I got the dct. It doesn't shift quite as fast as the vw units but it's still faster than the manual and it gets great fuel economy. I found the si way to overstyled where as the elantra was more subtle and mature looking. Im not really worried about resale because i plan on keeping it for a while and i purchased it for about 3g less than the msrp of the si. Also all the dealerships in my area have 2g markups on the si.
What rebates did you qualify with the Hyundai? There are so many it's nuts. The college and military are obviously limited to those in both, but the other rebates are for everyone. You just have to put in the legwork to get them. $2750 worth of rebates. (At least) Plus the $2000 from Hyundai. That's $4750 off a new Sport right there. Then whatever the dealer will take off. Some will take another $2500 off dealer discount. So there you're looking at $7250 off MSRP. One heck of a deal for what you get.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
What rebates did you qualify with the Hyundai? There are so many it's nuts. The college and military are obviously limited to those in both, but the other rebates are for everyone. You just have to put in the legwork to get them. $2750 worth of rebates. (At least) Plus the $2000 from Hyundai. That's $4750 off a new Sport right there. Then whatever the dealer will take off. Some will take another $2500 off dealer discount. So there you're looking at $7250 off MSRP. One heck of a deal for what you get.
Hmmm that would be a great deal if you can actually get that.