Google Updating Android Auto

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
"First, the ability to activate those handy voice controls by saying "OK Google" rather than having to push a button on the console first. Waze integration is also on the way for folks who would rather use that mapping application over Google's flagship navigation software. The software will also beam the in-car interface to mobile devices in the same vehicle, so long as your ride is equipped with WiFi connectivity.

You'll be seeing new apps from automakers as well. Google has opened up Android Auto to allow the manufacturers to make their own software for car-related tasks, with the first two coming from Honda and Hyundai. Those apps will allow you to access select features without leaving the Android Auto interface. We're talking things like roadside assistance, monthly service reports and sending notifications to your phone if a valet takes your car outside a predefined area. If you'll recall, Hyundai was the first first adopt Google's automotive software last year, making it available in the 2015 Sonata sedan."

http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/18/android-auto-update/

Plus Honda is making their own app to integrate the car more into Android Auto. Hopefully these changes come to our Civic but if history tells us anything Honda will only add new features to new cars, even if it's just a software update. If we do get it, maybe this would allow us to change the EQ without having to switch out of AA first.
Sponsored

Rokkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Altima
It would be nice if there was a Honda app to control all the settings currently controlled through the head unit. Then you wouldn't have to worry about losing functionality with replacing the head unit. That's probably a pipe dream though.

angellina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
It would be nice if there was a Honda app to control all the settings currently controlled through the head unit. Then you wouldn't have to worry about losing functionality with replacing the head unit. That's probably a pipe dream though.
Really great idea!!!btw its not dream,if they want easily they can do it..
for their customers better i guess they would think about it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry noob question.. but do you need to update android auto at the dealership or does it just do it from the app?

Wilefisherman

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Sorry noob question.. but do you need to update android auto at the dealership or does it just do it from the app?
You update it on your phone. Look in the Google play store and go under your Apps. Unless you have auto update on. In which case it will have updated it's self.

Good luck!

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You update it on your phone. Look in the Google play store and go under your Apps. Unless you have auto update on. In which case it will have updated it's self.

Good luck!
Ok thats what i thought, but waze has been buggy lately so didn't know if i needed something from the dealer

Wilefisherman

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Ok thats what i thought, but waze has been buggy lately so didn't know if i needed something from the dealer
Since I purchased the Si and started using Android Auto, I have stopped using Waze and stick with Google maps. Works great. This car is my first foray into Android Auto. I like it other than the fact that no mater what I do, the minute I connect, it starts Pandora on my phone. I can not for the life of me figure out how to make it stop. Still great though.

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I purchased the Si and started using Android Auto, I have stopped using Waze and stick with Google maps. Works great. This car is my first foray into Android Auto. I like it other than the fact that no mater what I do, the minute I connect, it starts Pandora on my phone. I can not for the life of me figure out how to make it stop. Still great though.
Personally I like the Pandora part of it, but you can change the music source if you want, and it won't just play pandora it will be whatever you choose and I can't drive with out waze haha I like it too much have always used it long before android auto, i just hope they fix the bugs, it does work on and off tho

Wilefisherman

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Personally I like the Pandora part of it, but you can change the music source if you want, and it won't just play pandora it will be whatever you choose and I can't drive with out waze haha I like it too much have always used it long before android auto, i just hope they fix the bugs, it does work on and off tho
I love Pandora, I just want to turn it on when I want it, not when I plug in my phone. That whole data usage thing and I don't like tech taking over without my permission. I too was a loyal Wazer until this car. Google maps works so much better on Android Auto. Waze is a little buggy. If I'm navigating in another persons car, I still use Waze though. So I like both.

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love Pandora, I just want to turn it on when I want it, not when I plug in my phone. That whole data usage thing and I don't like tech taking over without my permission. I too was a loyal Wazer until this car. Google maps works so much better on Android Auto. Waze is a little buggy. If I'm navigating in another persons car, I still use Waze though. So I like both.
I just deal with the bugginess lol, i dont mind, i dont really like Google maps, unless I really have no clue where I'm going and you can just pause pandora as soon as your car starts up

AgVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
For whatever reason Waze and Android Auto do not get along. Updating Waze helps out a little bit but especially switching back from the right blinker to Waze is still super buggy.

It'd be fine if Google maps wasn't missing a lot of the Waze features, but there's no good way around it. I'm holding out hope that it gets fixed in future updates.

jeffasaul

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan - Aegean Blue - Her name is "Azora"
Country flag
Before I got my Civic, I used to alternate between Waze and Google Maps. On Android Auto, Waze is very buggy and won't shut off - have to disconnect phone to stop it. GM works fine and acts more as a helper instead of an interferer.

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As of lately waze has been fantastic for me.. no bugs or anything, people thinks it's so cool my main navigation in waze, half the time I fuck with them and tell them its built in navigation.. lol

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
Spotify seems to be a bit buggy since the last update (few days ago). For any reason, my song stop playing...I have to push "play" again...

It make me sing acapella instead of singing over the song...lol

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spotify seems to be a bit buggy since the last update (few days ago). For any reason, my song stop playing...I have to push "play" again...

It make me sing acapella instead of singing over the song...lol
Pandora does that on and off lol.. I hate it
Sponsored