Getting a black front grille.

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Country flag
So I'm getting a new 2017 Civic sedan EX-T and I don't like chrome, like at all. So should I try to sell the chrome grille and buy a black one, or just have it painted black? I also don't like the chrome line going along the top part of the vehicle, can I get that painted black as well? I live in Charlotte, NC so any recommendations to any local shop would really be going the extra mile here. Thanks guys.
Sponsored

LX16CVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic lx coupe
I'm in the same boat, I want one. My boyfriend said he could plastic dip mine, but I saw one for sale on here. I'll let him decide.

romeovertome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 1997 Acura Integra
Vehicle Showcase
what does the price look like if you just buy a black one?

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
what does the price look like if you just buy a black one?
Would depend on if you want the upper grille or both the upper and lower part....gonna cost you between $150-$2xx for the parts and then you have to install DIY or pay dealer to do it.

LeSpp1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EL
Country flag
Here in Thailand the whole black grill set from a Honda dealership retails for 100 USD incl tax. The shops on ebay are overcharging a bit :)))

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gonna cost about the same to wrap the front so you should just buy the RS grill. Or you can just get a can of plastidip + plastidip glossifier for like 20-30 bucks and spray the window chrome part and the front. No experience needed and it literally comes right off if you mess up.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna cost about the same to wrap the front so you should just buy the RS grill. Or you can just get a can of plastidip + plastidip glossifier for like 20-30 bucks and spray the window chrome part and the front. No experience needed and it literally comes right off if you mess up.
Or you can wrap it yourself....why not learn how to do it...

ChrisERAU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Old thread, but if you want to get the chrome grille off your hands, I'm interested.