Gas in my oil catch can , WTF ?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hmmmmm, my piston tops are probably nice and clean from the Shell 91 and -10 temps as of late then :rolleyes:
Yeah if we use heat tape and heat up the can then we can resolve that issue of the water condensing on cold can and it will just pass through the intake as normal (without catch can) = no harm. It's the oil we want out as that is what causes the Carbon deposits on the backside of the intake valves.
I also use Shell. I only use regular though as per manual. I do once in awhile throw a tank of V-Power in there.
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you need one, the DM design looks to be more elegant and practical, and might not stink. Is it CARB certified?

TommiTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Be 100% sure it is fuel injection hose and not just regular fuel hose or it will smell. I've had the fuel injection hose on the Civic for 2 weeks now and I just went out to check them and there is not even a hint of a fuel smell. Crossing my fingers that this hold true for the future...

I didn't see a specific Civic application on their website. As for saving money with going with the Damond Motorsports OCC, I paid $160 delivered off ebay (brand new). All the kits on their website look to be in the same price range as the Mishimoto offering. The Mishimoto does use a bracket and it mounts to the firewall and looks OEM with the FI hoses. Not trolling just my $0.02 worth...

Last edited:

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Be 100% sure it is fuel injection hose and not just regular fuel hose or it will smell. I've had the fuel injection hose on the Civic for 2 weeks now and I just went out to check them and there is not even a hint of a fuel smell. Crossing my fingers that this hold true for the future...
lol I hope so too since I went with the Barricade Greenshield inj hose. I am also crossing my fingers. Hahaha. If this starts to smell I'm done. I will take the damn CC off and throw it in garbage!!!

TommiTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
lol I hope so too since I went with the Barricade Greenshield inj hose. I am also crossing my fingers. Hahaha. If this starts to smell I'm done. I will take the damn CC off and throw it in garbage!!!
That is my next step too if this doesn't work... :)

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MS3, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag

I didn't see a specific Civic application on their website. As for saving money with going with the Damond Motorsports OCC, I paid $160 delivered off ebay (brand new). All the kits on their website look to be in the same price range as the Mishimoto offering. The Mishimoto does use a bracket and it mounts to the firewall and looks OEM with the FI hoses. Not trolling just my $0.02 worth...
DM might make a specific kit later but we are talking about an OCC here. All I did was purchase the can on it's own and 3 feet of hose from them. The clamps, bracket, etc were included... The bracket DM included is one of their more commonly used brackets and seems it will work just fine.

Once I get it installed I'll take a pic.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure i read in handbook that it states do not put any fuel cleaners or carbon cleaners in turbo/direct inject engines.. in normal engines its fine though.
It also recommends changing the oil filter every other oil change, says nothing about maintaining the intake with walnut blasting or manual cleaning, and lists towing capacity despite no factory ability to tow things in the US. My point is that it should be taken with a grain of salt.
I use additives to keep the fuel system clean, keep the effects of water and ethanol in the fuel to a minimum, and to reduce the amount of build-up in the turbo and exhaust manifold/system. I am not concerned about deleterious effects on the turbo because I have been using fuel additive since the car had under 20 miles on it. If one were to suddenly use additives that remove varnish and build-up, or especially if one were to use a flushing or intake-injected cleaner like the kind of pressurized SeaFoam with a straw, build-up could break loose and damage the turbo.

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MS3, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
Worked out just fine other than dropping the screwdriver in the engine bay lol..

Bracket length would be perfect if it was 1/4 inch longer for the location I used... Other than that, i guess we'll see if the hoses bleed odor like most have been saying..

Honda Civic 10th gen Gas in my oil catch can , WTF ? 20170205_153306

Honda Civic 10th gen Gas in my oil catch can , WTF ? 20170205_153154

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Worked out just fine other than dropping the screwdriver in the engine bay lol..

Bracket length would be perfect if it was 1/4 inch longer for the location I used... Other than that, i guess we'll see if the hoses bleed odor like most have been saying..

20170205_153306.jpg

20170205_153154.jpg
Looks good. is there still enough room underneath to drain it? or would you have to remove the can to gain access to the drain

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Excellent shots - the device is a lot bigger than it appeared to be in the first photo. Originally I would have been concerned about capacity.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey everyone,

We are aware that there are those of you out there smelling fuel and oil inside of the cabin. This is not the expected behavior of these hoses, so if you are having this issue, please contact us by submitting a ticket through [email protected] or calling us directly at 1-877-466-4744 and we will be able to sort you guys out ASAP. Thanks!

-Diamaan

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey everyone,

We are aware that there are those of you out there smelling fuel and oil inside of the cabin. This is not the expected behavior of these hoses, so if you are having this issue, please contact us by submitting a ticket through [email protected] or calling us directly at 1-877-466-4744 and we will be able to sort you guys out ASAP. Thanks!

-Diamaan
Hahaha. Just got email also. This is after 3 sets of hoses you sent me!!! Are you going to repay our time and frustration for doing your R&D? I took this thing apart 6 or 7 times now with hoses and faulty screens. You sent me 3 sets of faulty hoses! I never was asked for a discount or anything to compensate me for my time and money.
Not good business. Not very happy here.
Sponsored