Fun To Drive,Honda! CIVIC TYPE R 凸(¬‿¬)

213NSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX, S2K, CTR, ITR, etc
Country flag

Oh if you want to read the Google Translation of this just clip on captions, then click the settings and set to English, or whatever you prefer. It is pretty rough, but 100% hilarious (◣_◢)
Sponsored

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
This JDM version doesn't even have a radio.
Looks like the same preproduction CTR that was on the Nurburging, it was also RHD and had no radio.

BTW, the Youtube English translation of the subtitles is so bad it's hilarious.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
TYPE-R EX-T? lol I do prefer this barebone trim . The interior looks cleaner.

OP
OP
213NSX

213NSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX, S2K, CTR, ITR, etc
Country flag
Hey have you guys seen this one?

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
The CTR that set the record was a base model CTR not touring.

Last edited:

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hey have you guys seen this one?
I despise click-bait.
The CTR that set the record was a base model CTR not touring.
It was a pre-production testing model; not base, not touring. Any resemblance to any final specification(s) for a particular market would be concidence, e.g., based on the photographic evidence previously posted, the Nurburgring car appears to have had two-piece rotors.

OP
OP
213NSX

213NSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX, S2K, CTR, ITR, etc
Country flag
I despise click-bait.

It was a pre-production testing model; not base, not touring. Any resemblance to any final specification(s) for a particular market would be concidence, e.g., based on the photographic evidence previously posted, the Nurburgring car appears to have had two-piece rotors.
I'm a dummy!

Last edited:

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Can you explain/elaborate? And there is difference between "click-bait" (it gets thrown around way too much these days) and a generally honest but clever marketing "pun", or jest rather. Coming from a marketing and branding background perhaps I'm just too lenient, understanding here, but I'm curious as to why that particular video is considered "click-bait-y" by you. I just polled my girl (haha) and three of my Honda Tech Bros here in the shop and everyone agrees with me. Honestly, it's a very rare occasion the Wifey agrees with me about anything. So I'm leaning towards calling you out for being "one of those guys", (the kind that are no fun at parties, or in an online community), without making any assumptions, as it's a personal belief of mine to never, ever assume anything, ever. I'm seriously just curious and open to discussing your point of view.

And what's exactly your point here, regarding the Ring Car? It's a bone stock CTR bro. Maybe some brakes, whoopdie do it's still a BONE STOCK CTR that achieved a really, really fast lap time.

I intend to roll to the ring with another 100HP, full racing suspension, fully built block (or built enough), no expense spared turbo kit, most expensive friggin' Garret turbo they make, along with the best and biggest exhaust and dump tube, gutted and caged chassis, fuel cell, a Honda or AEM EMS, and most importantly someone like Bisi, SF James, GZ Brian to tune her just right. Or at least to e-tune me remotely.

I'm probably not going to even match that time let alone break it. That's how good the CTR is compared to other stock cars, some twice as costly. I guess that's my point but what's yours? Are you just saying that for our info, or are you trying to assert that the car is not as capable as Honda, and I personally, consider it to be? Honest question. Eh.
They took three existing Honda corporate videos that have been out for months, pasted them together, and posted it as if it was new content - well, the YouTube ad overlays were new, as was the static screen, and the "Thanks for watching" screen at the end. If Honda had just released the videos, then I could see reposting to make one's subscribers aware - but months later? With a static screen that makes one think that it looks like new content so that one clicks? Pretty much the definition of clickbait to me ...

My point about the 'ring car is that it isn't - and Honda specifically said it wasn't - a production car. Honda said "Lap time achieved in development car with technical specifications representative of the final production car." Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with what they did; however, people saying that that the car was one (production) trim level or another is disingenuous.

OP
OP
213NSX

213NSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX, S2K, CTR, ITR, etc
Country flag
They took three existing Honda corporate videos that have been out for months, pasted them together, and posted it as if it was new content - well, the YouTube ad overlays were new, as was the static screen, and the "Thanks for watching" screen at the end. If Honda had just released the videos, then I could see reposting to make one's subscribers aware - but months later? With a static screen that makes one think that it looks like new content so that one clicks? Pretty much the definition of clickbait to me ...

My point about the 'ring car is that it isn't - and Honda specifically said it wasn't - a production car. Honda said "Lap time achieved in development car with technical specifications representative of the final production car." Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with what they did; however, people saying that that the car was one (production) trim level or another is disingenuous.
Ahhh got ya! See, haha that is why I never assume anything, ever. You are 100% correct and I stand corrected!

I will edit the above post :)
Sponsored