Fumoto Valve for Oil Drain Pan

too

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Has anyone put a Fumoto valve on the drain pan yet? I just want to know which one.
Sponsored

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have it on my Fit. Will not be putting it on the Civic (whenever the Sport Touring model arrives at dealerships).

Any convenience of not having to undo a bolt is lost from the incredibly slow rate of flow. Ends up taking a LOT longer to drain the sump than if I just use the drain bolt.

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
I have it on my Civic. I love it. I put the hose right into the used oil container so the clean up is simple and let it go. I then have a few minutes to set everything else up or check on other things. I use the Valve on all my cars

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
I have it on my Civic. I love it. I put the hose right into the used oil container so the clean up is simple and let it go. I then have a few minutes to set everything else up or check on other things. I use the Valve on all my cars
Did you have to buy the adapter or is there enough space for just the F-106?
Thanks

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
I've never seen one of these before. How reliable are they? I assume it's just a small ball valve.
It basically is a ball valve. I had the valve on my 2000 civic, my 2008 civic, 2014 frs, and the 2016 civic too. It's helpful no doubt. The great thing about the 2016 civic is that it has the cover over the oil pan so the elements are away from the valve (for those who are afraid of the valve opening)

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
Hate to rain on everyone's picnic BUT, a RAPID oil drain immediately after shut off is probably desirable, to get as much of the bad stuff out as possible.

First_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EXL Lunar SIlver
Country flag
Did you have to buy the adapter or is there enough space for just the F-106?
Thanks
If you buy the F106, you need the adapter with it. I would buy the new F106SX. It's a new 360 rotating design to help with the fitting. It also comes with a rubber clip to help prevent the lever from being accidentally opened. Same price as the F106 as well.

I've never seen one of these before. How reliable are they? I assume it's just a small ball valve.
I've never heard any problems with it. I like it because of convenience, less mess, and you'll never have a chance to strip the oil pan thread.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate to rain on everyone's picnic BUT, a RAPID oil drain immediately after shut off is probably desirable, to get as much of the bad stuff out as possible.
Dude learn your forum etiquette, no one here asked and this is not a thread about how best to drain your oil... If you're not stevegg you must be his grandson.

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
Dude learn your forum etiquette, no one here asked and this is not a thread about how best to drain your oil... If you're not stevegg you must be his grandson.
Not sure what problem you have with my "forum etiquette". I was interested in the Fumoto valve, except that the drain is apparently very slow. It certainly has everything to do with how you change your oil.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what problem you have with my "forum etiquette". I was interested in the Fumoto valve, except that the drain is apparently very slow. It certainly has everything to do with how you change your oil.
No it doesn't, this thread is about advantages of using the fumoto. Not you just randomly letting people know what the best way to change their oil according to you is. Literally no one cares. If we're in this section of the forum we have enough knowledge of cars to know how to preform an oil change. Doing it fast, as you said, will not allow sediment to settle to the bottom and it will be left on engine internals. You're spreading misinformation at this point.

Last edited:

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
Well that's all a matter of opinion. I was only suggesting a concern I'd considered. This thread is about the fumoto valve and that has everything to do with oil changing. In particular, the valve means slow oil change so any issue with that is pertenant.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the original post.
Has anyone put a Fumoto valve on the drain pan yet? I just want to know which one.
Well that's all a matter of opinion. I was only suggesting a concern I'd considered. This thread is about the fumoto valve and that has everything to do with oil changing. In particular, the valve means slow oil change so any issue with that is pertenant.
Where do you see him asking if draining oil slowly is an issue?

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
[QUOTE
Where do you see him asking if draining oil slowly is an issue?[/QUOTE]

Not specifically, BUT he's asking about the fumoto valve which of course relates to the whole issue of oil changing, ergo drain rate. Not worth arguing the point further. If you didn't like my comment, you could have just ignored it. If you want the last word, you're welcome to it. I'm finished here.
Sponsored