First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not ruling out the suspension but am looking for a .8"-1.5" drop. If it ends up having that (previous HFP suspensions did lower the car) and I can get it outside of the entire kit I would be interested. If not, I guessing I'm waiting for Bilstein, BC Racing or Fortune Auto coilovers?
Sponsored

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
I don't really like the HFP wheels... am I the only one? I actually really love the stock rims.
Agreed I don't see the big deal about them either I think the stock ones look better but too each their own. I personally haven't even seen any aftermarket rims that I like better so I will save all that money on this car!

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I dont get the sense that hfp coilovers have been something that lowers the car a lot or offers a more track focused setup. I have really liked Ohlins and KWs (when they arent too soft).

I had an HFP kit on my 08 Si sedan and found it to be pretty decent for the few autoX events that i did and not harsh for street driving.

What I did like in the past was the relative low cost and it being a pretty good all around suspension for the street. That being said, if a good shock like Koni yellows become avail, pairing it with a decent spring from something like Swift (sadly nothing yet as far as I know), would be just as effective and offer more lowering than HFP kits.

I have a koni yellow w swift spring combo for my 08 hybrid civic and like it a lot for aggressive daily driving, but it was a bit of a hassle to set up.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very true, but I was hoping to keep the suspension OEM because of the electronics involved now. If it weren't for that no bother to me for getting full on coil overs from other makers.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Ah got it, that makes sense. Hopefully the hfp should offer an improvement.

Another alternative I may be curious is, how well the suspension would pair with aftermarket springs. I imagine it may take some trial & error, perhaps while keeping spring rates that dont deviate far from oem.

Good thing about the Si is that its handlig and grip seem fantastic already from the factory, so hopefully you dont have to tinker too much.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its your car, if you like those wheels get them! I wouldn't let anyone say different. There's always going to be haters out there. But enjoy your car and if having those wheels on there makes you enjoy it that much more then its a good thing!

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Its your car, if you like those wheels get them! I wouldn't let anyone say different. There's always going to be haters out there. But enjoy your car and if having those wheels on there makes you enjoy it that much more then its a good thing!
I was going to reply the same exact thing. Who gives a f*** what other people say about your car. It's YOUR car and if YOU like it then do it!!! :headbang:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Interesting ... wish Honda would hurry up and throw us a bone here with the exact details... but I'm willing to bet that info will be released at SEMA or right afterwards :hmm:

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe he means the ECU with regard to the suspension. I highly doubt there would be a totally different tune with this package.