Front Grille damaged - how to quickly repair?

Marcellus84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hello,
Unfortunately someone hit my Civic at the parking lot this morning :-(
The front grille is damaged and of course with my deductible it makes no sense to go through the insurance.
I am hoping that someone can give me some guidance on how to fix this? I don't know anything about car bodywork - is this something that I could replace myself?
I found the following parts that I think I might need to buy - if someone could peek at them and let me know if this is something I should tackle myself or go through the body shop..... Thanks for your help!

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Grille damaged - how to quickly repair? civic

http://www.hondapartswholesaledirec...ille-scat/?part_name=molding-fr-grille-center

http://www.hondapartswholesaledirec...-scat/?part_name=base-fr-grille&recommended=1

http://www.hondapartswholesaledirec...direct-scat/?part_name=emblem-h&recommended=1

So I am looking at $250 in parts... great Holiday gift :-(
Sponsored

OP
OP

Marcellus84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
If you're really good and don't break any fasteners then you don't need to order more, they're meant to be reusable. Your thread pointed out that the black piece and the silver piece are actually separate parts though, and I ended up only getting the black piece replaced because I didn't know that. The damage to my silver piece is relatively minor though and not worth the labor of replacing.

OP
OP

Marcellus84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If you're really good and don't break any fasteners then you don't need to order more, they're meant to be reusable. Your thread pointed out that the black piece and the silver piece are actually separate parts though, and I ended up only getting the black piece replaced because I didn't know that. The damage to my silver piece is relatively minor though and not worth the labor of replacing.
Did you replace it yourself? I see that the crack on yours was similar to mine. Are there any service manuals that I could reference? I just want to make sure that I will unscrew all of the pieces before I will start pulling things apart...

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Did you replace it yourself? I see that the crack on yours was similar to mine. Are there any service manuals that I could reference? I just want to make sure that I will unscrew all of the pieces before I will start pulling things apart...
I did not do it myself. A local body shop owner owed me a favor and did it for half labor. Unfortunately thanks to your post I realized too late that the base grill and the chrome piece are two different parts, so only the base part got replaced in mine. The bumper was reassembled without doing anything to the chrome part and honestly the damage to mine was not bad enough to justify the cost of taking the bumper off a second time to replace it.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take is as an opportunity to upgrade and buy the black RS grille :)
Sponsored