Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tried to avoid, but not totally successful, some fresh road paint yesterday. My passenger side front and rear wheel well got sprayed, as well as the rocker panel. I was able to get all the paint off of the front inner wheel well and rocker panel. However, the rear wheel well is made up of a different material and cannot really be scrubbed. Anyone know of any products that will clean it? If not, I will probably just get out the black spray paint.

By the way, the only trick with road paint is to get it off as quickly as possible. If you wait a few days, you will be kicking yourself. Words of advice from a long time detailer here.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
What is "road paint"? I don't guess we have that down here in Texas - unless you're talking about the white and yellow paint used for lane markings, etc. When they do that here, a machine applies the paint, sprinkles reflective material on it, and cures it with steam all in one step. It's "dry" immediately.

Felt is used in the rear wheel wells to reduce the sound of splashing/spraying water from transmitting into the vehicle.

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In Western PA, our lovely road crews spray the paint, and it basically air dries. So the nice new paint has tire tracks in it all over the road, because they paint during daylight hours.
Sponsored