Found Video of Racechip vs Stock 1.5t

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
So I have been waiting and waiting for someone to post a real video of a race or test between a chip tuned and stock 1.5t. Some guys from Pakistan did it with a Racechip and posted it on FB. Here is the link. Looks like the stock car gets a huge jump, but gets reeled in pretty quickly. I'd like to see a race without the jump, but beggars can't be choosers.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vi...ideos/1680902672223556/&show_text=1&width=560" width="560" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
ha it barely pulls away from it. not worth $700 or whatever it was. better off with a ktuner right now

OP
OP
UberCivic

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
ha it barely pulls away from it. not worth $700 or whatever it was. better off with a ktuner right now
Yes certainly not the claimed 40hp difference there, but considering the huge jump the black car had I would believe around 20-25. I'd love to see more like this from each option before deciding on KTuner or Hondata. RaceChip is a non-option to me just based on company reputation and absurd claims, let alone the high price.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Yes certainly not the claimed 40hp difference there, but considering the huge jump the black car had I would believe around 20-25. I'd love to see more like this from each option before deciding on KTuner or Hondata. RaceChip is a non-option to me just based on company reputation and absurd claims, let alone the high price.
are you planning to take it to the dyno to get it tuned? As of right now, no one has live tuning for consumers or tuners. KTuner however does email tunes for free right now. you datalog and he does some adjustment and gives you a new flash til its finalized. Flashpro will give you complete control of the software. Should be out sometime this year

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
It is hard to catch up if you have a bad start though. A bad 60ft time can make you loose to much slower cars in the 1/4 mile.

OP
OP
UberCivic

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
are you planning to take it to the dyno to get it tuned? As of right now, no one has live tuning for consumers or tuners. KTuner however does email tunes for free right now. you datalog and he does some adjustment and gives you a new flash til its finalized. Flashpro will give you complete control of the software. Should be out sometime this year
No way, not spending that much time and money to squeeze out a few extra ponies from an otherwise stock setup. I would if I was going beyond a tune and maybe a bolt on or two. I am looking for a PNP tune like Hondata sells now, but want the tuner module so that I can remove or update it whenever I want. I'm leaning towards KTuner right now due to much better pricing, but am waiting to see anyone log any actual gains through a Dyno or a Drag Strip. There were a myriad of options available for my 2.7t Audi and not until users did multiple tests and dyno pulls was it apparent that the GIAC tune was vastly superior to all the others. I don't want to pay good money for weak sauce, I am a cheapo.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
there is gains for sure cause stock runs about 12psi and ktuner goes to 17psi stage 1. i think one user is going for 20psi.

according to my datalogs. stock i ran 0-60 7sec with the ktuner at 15-17psi i did 6.5sec
No way, not spending that much time and money to squeeze out a few extra ponies from an otherwise stock setup. I would if I was going beyond a tune and maybe a bolt on or two. I am looking for a PNP tune like Hondata sells now, but want the tuner module so that I can remove or update it whenever I want. I'm leaning towards KTuner right now due to much better pricing, but am waiting to see anyone log any actual gains through a Dyno or a Drag Strip. There were a myriad of options available for my 2.7t Audi and not until users did multiple tests and dyno pulls was it apparent that the GIAC tune was vastly superior to all the others. I don't want to pay good money for weak sauce, I am a cheapo.

OP
OP
UberCivic

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks, that is impressive! I just finished reading through the Ktuner thread again and found that I missed a lot of posts a few weeks back where people were posting really good feedback. I have to get past Christmas before I can consider buying, but can't wait.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
So is Ktuner the way to go guys? Does anyone have the Hondata reflash? Should I wait for flashpro or do you guys think Ktuner will still be best?

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
So is Ktuner the way to go guys? Does anyone have the Hondata reflash? Should I wait for flashpro or do you guys think Ktuner will still be best?
I'll put it this way: If you email KTuner and ask them why you should choose their product, you will get a timely, detailed response every single time.

Ask the competition and see what kind of response you get, if you get one at all.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
like i said before it depends on what you want to do.
if you want end user live tuning or tuning from your tuner wait for the flashpro
if you want email tunes from ktuner and want results now. get that. his email replies are pretty quick. so he will get you finalized in a week or two depending how much you datalog

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
So does each does individual car need to be data logged? I just want the basic bolt one nothing to crazy, I still need to daily drive it reliably. Intake will be my first mod, then tune and possibly exhaust next year.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
So does each does individual car need to be data logged? I just want the basic bolt one nothing to crazy, I still need to daily drive it reliably. Intake will be my first mod, then tune and possibly exhaust next year.
As of right now each car us individually datalog. he's collecting information on how each car reacts. it will be reliably

kmccall1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic, 2015 regal turbo, 2007 corvette Z06
Ktuner has my vote hands down, the support is second to none, and I easily feel the performance increase. I just raced a BRAND NEW 328 xi three times, we went to 100mph I might of lost by a little less than a car each time, btw i am a fatass (300 pounds),and my wife was with.

OP
OP
UberCivic

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ktuner has my vote hands down, the support is second to none, and I easily feel the performance increase. I just raced a BRAND NEW 328 xi three times, we went to 100mph I might of lost by a little less than a car each time, btw i am a fatass (300 pounds),and my wife was with.
Where are you at in Michigan? I'm on the West side in the country between GR, Holland, and Kalamazoo.
Sponsored