Ford Fiesta ST Friday Reveal

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
http://www.leftlanenews.com/nextgeneration-ford-fiesta-st-to-debut-this-week-94682.html

Honda, this is how its done.

While I'm not in the market for a Fiesta ST, atleast Ford has it together. They are debuting their 2018 model, MONTHS ahead of schedule and only DAYS after first announcing.

While I wait for this 2017 Civic Si, the competition is coming to the table with their 2018's. I'll chuckle if the Fiesta ST is able to throw a punch at the Si in terms of Horsepower figures at this point.

I'm pretty let down with the wait and lack of any info on the Si which is why I am posting this.
Sponsored

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I bet it's faster and more fun to drive than the Si...

However I don't know if it will be more reliable.

Haven't had any issues with mine just over 9k.

Only thing is it rattles quite a bit but what can you expect for a 20k car. Also could just be the cold Michigan winter and roads.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Fiesta ST, Supercharged Yaris...when will Honda drop the 1.5t in the Fit or the CRZ and wow the micro-hot hatch crowd?

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I bet it's faster and more fun to drive than the Si...

However I don't know if it will be more reliable.

Haven't had any issues with mine just over 9k.

Only thing is it rattles quite a bit but what can you expect for a 20k car. Also could just be the cold Michigan winter and roads.
I like the swift roll out, I'm already more engaged to see what the ST will offer, and frankly I had not even considered it previously. Should be interesting.

Also to the administrators of this website who changed the title of this thread, thanks for the Nepotism.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
Fiesta ST, Supercharged Yaris...when will Honda drop the 1.5t in the Fit or the CRZ and wow the micro-hot hatch crowd?
Before the announcement of the SI in November, i hoped the civic Si would have a 2.0T and maybe honda would consider the 1.5T in a "Fit Si"

Honda2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
FiST is a blast to drive, but my god is it limited on everything else. We're on here for the practicality and reliability Honda brings with all the Si variants. If you parked a ST next to my '07 Fit I'd pick the Fit every time based on the functionality alone. And the ST rattles like mother on any type of rough surface. I would choose a Si coupe as a family car way ahead of the FiST.

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
FiST is a blast to drive, but my god is it limited on everything else. We're on here for the practicality and reliability Honda brings with all the Si variants. If you parked a ST next to my '07 Fit I'd pick the Fit every time based on the functionality alone. And the ST rattles like mother on any type of rough surface. I would choose a Si coupe as a family car way ahead of the FiST.
I haven't driven one but have seen all the reviews. Their forums are very active with a lot of people throwing a grocery list of mods at their cars.

Agree on the Fit Si with the 1.5T, the HRV with 1.5T and Civic Si with a 2.0T...

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The U.S. gets screwed again with a 5 door only model FiST while Europe gets the 3 door version. :banghead:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
The U.S. gets screwed again with a 5 door only model FiST while Europe gets the 3 door version. :banghead:
Yeah that was inevitable. So may people say they want the 3-door version... but look at the take rate on the 3-door GTI... very low.

Anyway... R&T states that the new Fiesta St is making 200hp and 214 torque in Euro Spec from the new 1.5L 3cyl in the ST... so that's about 205hp in U.S Spec ..not bad!! Especially in such a lightweight small car...

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah that was inevitable. So may people say they want the 3-door version... but look at the take rate on the 3-door GTI... very low.
I've always felt the FiSt should've been a 3 door only, I mean the car is already so tiny that it makes little sense as a 5 door. That's what the Focus ST is for (which is barely adequate for rear passengers).

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
^^I see your point, but for me the rear doors are also good for loading and unloading stuff, not just for passengers. Also, I live in the city, and long doors just make life more difficult in my tiny garage and for street parking. I've owned a two-door, and probably never will again unless it's a true sports car, in which case I might rent space in a nice commercial garage.

The FiST, by the way, should be an excellent enthusiast's city car. I probably see more of those than the FoST here in Center City Philly.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
^^I see your point, but for me the rear doors are also good for loading and unloading stuff, not just for passengers. Also, I live in the city, and long doors just make life more difficult in my tiny garage and for street parking. I've owned a two-door, and probably never will again unless it's a true sports car, in which case I might rent space in a nice commercial garage.

The FiST, by the way, should be an excellent enthusiast's city car. I probably see more of those than the FoST here in Center City Philly.
The Philly burbs is the reverse.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Stay away from Ford, that's all I'm gonna say.
Ford is destroying the performance i4 market right now. Why would anyone want be stay away from them?

In every segment of the sports compact market, they have a great option.

RWD? Ecoboost Mustang
AWD? Focus RS
Hot Hatch? Focus ST
Hot Hatch on a budget? Fiesta ST
Fun grocery getter? Ecoboost Focus or Fiesta + flash tune
Fun Family car? Fusion with 1.6T or 2.0T and optional AWD

Ford is basically the standard right now that others are being compared to.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Ford is destroying the performance i4 market right now. Why would anyone want be stay away from them?

In every segment of the sports compact market, they have a great option.

RWD? Ecoboost Mustang
AWD? Focus RS
Hot Hatch? Focus ST
Hot Hatch on a budget? Fiesta ST
Fun grocery getter? Ecoboost Focus or Fiesta + flash tune
Fun Family car? Fusion with 1.6T or 2.0T and optional AWD

Ford is basically the standard right now that others are being compared to.
You forgot the fusion Sport if you wanna slay German Giants for like half the price and still tote your family around.
Sponsored