For those of you running an LC2i for a subwoofer on 10 speaker systems...

Rommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
Just installed my LC2i in my Si today, and tapped into only the subwoofer line in the trunk. Realized I was missing a lot of higher end punch on the sub. I tapped into the left rear speaker as well, and voila, full sounding punchy mid bass along with the deep sub bass. Problem solved. You have to make sure to get your polarity right though or the signals will cancel eachother out. Not sure if this would apply when tapping in before the factory amp however, I'm thinking the factory amp has crossovers built in but may be fed full range signals from the headunit/infotainment system. Just thought I'd throw that info out there!
Sponsored

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed my LC2i in my Si today, and tapped into only the subwoofer line in the trunk. Realized I was missing a lot of higher end punch on the sub. I tapped into the left rear speaker as well, and voila, full sounding punchy mid bass along with the deep sub bass. Problem solved. You have to make sure to get your polarity right though or the signals will cancel eachother out. Not sure if this would apply when tapping in before the factory amp however, I'm thinking the factory amp has crossovers built in but may be fed full range signals from the headunit/infotainment system. Just thought I'd throw that info out there!
The factory radio sends full range signals to the amp. the amp has a dsp built in which cuts the signal and only sends what is needed to the tweets, mids then sub.

Did you connect your mono sub wires correctly to the Lc2i?
http://www.audiocontrol.com/knowled...t-mono-output-can-just-send-mono-signal-lc2i/

Honda Civic 10th gen For those of you running an LC2i for a subwoofer on 10 speaker systems... lc2i_remotein_jumper_1-300x157

Did you setup the Lc2i accubass correctly?
http://www.audiocontrol.com/knowledge-base/how-do-i-set-accubass/

View attachment 68417

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP

Rommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
The factory radio sends full range signals to the amp. the amp has a dsp built in which cuts the signal and only sends what is needed to the tweets, mids then sub.

Did you connect your mono sub wires correctly to the Lc2i?
http://www.audiocontrol.com/knowled...t-mono-output-can-just-send-mono-signal-lc2i/

lc2i_remotein_jumper_1-300x157.jpg

Did you setup the Lc2i accubass correctly?
http://www.audiocontrol.com/knowledge-base/how-do-i-set-accubass/

View attachment 68417
The sub's cutoff is too low,I saw charts showing a sharp rolloff at about 50hz. This is why I added in one mid to the LC2i. I tapped in after the amp, that's why.
Accubass not needed in this case. The civics factory amp does not lower the bass when you raise the volume.

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sub's cutoff is too low,I saw charts showing a sharp rolloff at about 50hz. This is why I added in one mid to the LC2i. I tapped in after the amp, that's why.
Accubass not needed in this case. The civics factory amp does not lower the bass when you raise the volume.
@josby has screen shots/ REW graphs of the amp lowering the bass when the vol goes up.

OP
OP

Rommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
@josby has screen shots/ REW graphs of the amp lowering the bass when the vol goes up.
I looked at the post in question, however it looks like it's at such a high volume that it's negligible at best, in my opinion at least. Factory speakers get more than loud enough at 25 or so, although for the perfectionist I suppose using accubass would be ideal. I personally find the lack of 50hz+ on the sub output (after the amp) to be the bigger issue, but that was easily remedied with what I originally mentioned in the first post. :)

steviiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Other than the LC2i. What other stuff did you buy to connect the amp? I'm new to this and I'd like to add more umph to the speakers.

steviiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
For me I already had a sub in a box so I bought a used amp and an amp wiring kit.
Are there any difference between buying different types of gauges? There are some wiring kits that's 4 gauge, 2 gauge, 0 gauge, etc. I'm good with buying either one?

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

Rommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
Other than the LC2i. What other stuff did you buy to connect the amp? I'm new to this and I'd like to add more umph to the speakers.
My general rule is 100-400 watts use 8 gauge, 500-1000 watts use 4 gauge,anything over 1000 watts use 0 gauge. You'd need the LC2i, a sub, a box, an amplifier, power cable/wiring kit, some speaker cable (14-16 gauge should be fine) and afternoon to put it all together. There's a lot of tutorials on YouTube and we'll all be of help here on the forums. :)

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC350
Country flag
Hello guys. Looking for some help if possible. I am about to start my sub woofer project on my 2017 Honda Civic Si and I have been searching all over the net and cannot find a wire diagram for the infotainment head unit. I have the amp wiring kit (8 gauge), an LC2i, JL audio JX250/1, and a boxed JL audio 8W1V3. I am familiar with all power wiring and I have worked with LOC's back in the day. To my understanding the best way to wire this system is to tap the LC2i into the Front left and right door speakers behind the head unit before the factory amp. ( ). I wanted to know if you guys might know which wires I should be looking for behind the head unit. If I can find theses answers I will begin install and gladly try to post pics along the way. Thank you

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello guys. Looking for some help if possible. I am about to start my sub woofer project on my 2017 Honda Civic Si and I have been searching all over the net and cannot find a wire diagram for the infotainment head unit. I have the amp wiring kit (8 gauge), an LC2i, JL audio JX250/1, and a boxed JL audio 8W1V3. I am familiar with all power wiring and I have worked with LOC's back in the day. To my understanding the best way to wire this system is to tap the LC2i into the Front left and right door speakers behind the head unit before the factory amp. ( ). I wanted to know if you guys might know which wires I should be looking for behind the head unit. If I can find theses answers I will begin install and gladly try to post pics along the way. Thank you
Tap the mono sub + and - and wire the LC2i this way:

Honda Civic 10th gen For those of you running an LC2i for a subwoofer on 10 speaker systems... lc2i_remotein_jumper_1-300x157

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I do not want to tap into the sub output. I would like to tap into the Front left and right door speakers which I assume would send out full high and low signals. This way if I ever wanted to add an amp for the interior highs I can easily do so since the LC2i has separate outputs for bass and main. Does anyone know which wires behind the head unit go to which speakers ? I will try to take the head unit out this weekend and take pictures of factory harness to see if anyone can point them out in the pictures. Thanks guys

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I do not want to tap into the sub output. I would like to tap into the Front left and right door speakers which I assume would send out full high and low signals. This way if I ever wanted to add an amp for the interior highs I can easily do so since the LC2i has separate outputs for bass and main. Does anyone know which wires behind the head unit go to which speakers ? I will try to take the head unit out this weekend and take pictures of factory harness to see if anyone can point them out in the pictures. Thanks guys
The head unit has a built in dsp and connects to the factory amp via fiber optic cable. As a result, the front door speakers do not get low frequency so you need to tap the sub to play full range bass.

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The head unit has a built in dsp and connects to the factory amp via fiber optic cable. As a result, the front door speakers do not get low frequency so you need to tap the sub to play full range bass.
I see. So your saying there are no actual individual lines for each speaker coming out of the head unit going to the factory amp but instead there is a single fiber optic line from head unit to factory amp and then from factory amp to individual speaker. Sorry just trying to understand the setup before I tear into in. I do appreciate your feedback though.
Sponsored