Flowmaster DBX muffler

sparky6713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
So i got my exhaust done yesterday . Took off the stock 2" piping and replace it with 2"1/2 piping into one Flowmaster DBX 304 stainless steel muffler ( which is Flowmasters import muffler that helps get rid of the high notes import motors put out and makes into a deeper bass tone ) with dual short 2" 1/4 tailpipes.
At idle is a deep tone , while normal driving around town its pretty soft and not noticeable in the interior intill you stick your foot into it then you can here it. Also the turbo spools up quicker and more noticeable turbo sound. I will post a video later today . Here's some pictures .

Honda Civic 10th gen Flowmaster DBX muffler honda

Honda Civic 10th gen Flowmaster DBX muffler honda7.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Flowmaster DBX muffler honda3

Honda Civic 10th gen Flowmaster DBX muffler honda2

Honda Civic 10th gen Flowmaster DBX muffler honda6

Honda Civic 10th gen Flowmaster DBX muffler honda5

Honda Civic 10th gen Flowmaster DBX muffler honda4

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
That looks pretty slick!

Performance/execution wise though, all those bends look like they're pressure-bent, and you've effectively reduced the pipe diameter at those bends - and there are many of them - actually increasing back pressure post-turbo.

The 2nd bend after the resonator looks especially severe.

But, all things considered, that does look great, and I'd like to see the video as well :)

OP
OP
sparky6713

sparky6713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Yes, its compression bent piping , had no choice due to nobody making a dual setup and i'm not looking for big HP. Just some better sound and a little performance . There is noticeable acceleration and the turbo spools up quicker. Should be a little better when I get an intake next.

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
How much louder do you think it is? I can't really tell on video. And are you happy with the interior noise as well?

OP
OP
sparky6713

sparky6713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
very noticeable at idle and reving up., but pretty damn quite on the interior and while just driving. I love it !

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
sorry man but i haven't heard a good sounding exhaust on any of these 10th gen civics.
looks like though.

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
looks familiar. I did the same thing except i used a maganflow muffler

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
When recording exhaust, the sound would be more accurate if you put your recording device (looks like an iphone) at ear level.

sorry man but i haven't heard a good sounding exhaust on any of these 10th gen civics.
looks like though.
I don't think you will because of the small engine size. This one does sound better than the Injen muffler though.

Here's what they have to work with, more or less (yes I know...different engine):

At least it doesn't sound like this!

Personally I would rather go for smooth short bends with no angles even if it meant a quiet exhaust. Actually I'd prefer a quiet exhaust.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I think it sounds pretty rad!
Set that up with a nice 1.5" drop and maybe some window tint, and I'd say it's done looks-wise! Great looking red car!

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
This is hands down the best looking exhaust so far. Sounds nice and deep too. Good job :thumbsup:

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Looks pretty good.

Actually I'd prefer a quiet exhaust.
I would like to see someone weld up an APEXi WSII Muffler. I've got the catback on my '00 Coupe and looooooooove the sound on it, very quiet for a performance exhaust.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Looks pretty good.

I would like to see someone weld up an APEXi WSII Muffler. I've got the catback on my '00 Coupe and looooooooove the sound on it, very quiet for a performance exhaust.

Personally I would like a very quiet (near stock sound) performance exhaust as well. This being a compact "commuter" car with a CVT/automatics it just sounds to silly with an agressive sounding exhaust. On my way to work each morning I frequently run into an accord with an autobox with a loud exhaust. Personally it just sounds out of place. But to each his own.
Sponsored