FlashPro release date and specifications

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Curious what where the results of a cvt car, high tune (91 octane gas), injen cold air intake was.

Also would it be worth it to get the car further fine tuned with just a cold air intake? Im guessing getting a dyno tune would be at least a few hundred US dollars more.

Skeptical getting the car further tuned would be worth it with a couple of bolt ons, but could be wrong.
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Curious what where the results of a cvt car, high tune (91 octane gas), injen cold air intake was.

Also would it be worth it to get the car further fine tuned with just a cold air intake? Im guessing getting a dyno tune would be at least a few hundred US dollars more.

Skeptical getting the car further tuned would be worth it with a couple of bolt ons, but could be wrong.
Civic CVT high octane (California 91 gas) plus 6 psi more boost, +25 HP and +35 lb-ft torque:

if you get it dyno tuned, you could raise the boost even more. Probably not worth getting a dyno tune if you just have a intake but if you do a downpipe then i would recommend it

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Was that figure with or without CAI? I got the impression the 25hp increase didnt account for CAI but I could have misread the results or posts here.

Agreed a tune would likely be not necessary at this point if the only mod was an intake.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I just did a quick 0-60 on 19-20psi on 87 octane with injen intake only. It did it in 6.2seconds but its also 34F outside

TotalNoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2015 BMW F 800 GSA
I just did a quick 0-60 on 19-20psi on 87 octane with injen intake only. It did it in 6.2seconds but its also 34F outside

It'd be great if you could post a video of your 0-60 test once you get on 91-93 octane. Even better if you could post with and without the Injen intake! I'm on the fence about CAI's, but if it works it's a steal. Thanks for being the first one to report on your findings, we all appreciate it.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
It'd be great if you could post a video of your 0-60 test once you get on 91-93 octane. Even better if you could post with and without the Injen intake! I'm on the fence about CAI's, but if it works it's a steal. Thanks for being the first one to report on your findings, we all appreciate it.
I will be on 93 soon. should be tonight or tomorrow since i got to drive 100miles. I will most likely wont do a stock intake run as i don't want to install it and take it off. I also just have a SRI.
I might take a video next time. I been using the phone to datalog while driving to make sure everything looks good. FlashPro has built in bluebooth where you can you use your smart phone as gauges. I have it prop up above the headunit.

You can get more sensors to show up in landscape mode
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications upload_2016-12-15_18-20-49

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
If you have the other intakes, could you choose the injen option? Or is there a custom tune for that

16civicFLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-TL, 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L
Country flag
If you have the mishimoto intake can you still just choose one of the injen options...?

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Was that figure with or without CAI? I got the impression the 25hp increase didnt account for CAI but I could have misread the results or posts here.

Agreed a tune would likely be not necessary at this point if the only mod was an intake.
The intake is an important component in the fueling calculations the ECU runs, it actually requires a tune to properly calibrate the MAF curve.

I am skeptical of any gains to be had, especially with it retaining the stock plastic piece. I'll get one to test and post results just for you guys.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
If you have the mishimoto intake can you still just choose one of the injen options...?
You can try it, but from what I've seen, the mishimoto intake knocks off the maf calibration 7-20% to the rich end of the spectrum. It needs a proper MAF cal.

16civicFLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-TL, 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L
Country flag
As soon as it comes in I'll definitely upload different logs...

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Not as a default. You select the tune described "Civic Turbo CVT 2016 (or 2017) Tuned"

The next release of FlashPro Manager will have the tune description as "Civic Turbo CVT 2016 (or 2017) + 3 psi"
I went to upload my first tune from Vit but first I downloaded the new firmware and FP manager and now my FP unit is doing this.Refer to pictures.Just a few hours earlier I uploaded tune 3 off of the included baseline tunes worked perfectly.I also checked the serial number and it matches the locked FP I have except the number in FP manager it added a U.S here FP-16CIVIC-L1.5T "US"-2000033 the unit is marked FP-16CIVIC-L1.5T-2000033Could it be I need to update my drivers on my laptop?

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications IMG_2611.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications IMG_2612.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications IMG_2613.JPG

Last edited: