FlashPro release date and specifications

Bawb333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O.o
Will there be a map for 87 octane? What are the hp/tq numbers for keeping it on regular gas?
I know you get the best results from 91/93 - Just curious.
Sponsored

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
Thanks! This sounds like a really good option from a pure reliability standpoint.

I assume this means something in the ballpark of 18-19 pounds of boost and +16 HP and +17 lb-ft?

We developed a reflash to closely match the projected boost and power output of the CRV.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
So when is the 6MT Sport flash coming? Also, will the service dept see the flash, i.e. do you have to reflash it to stock before taking the car in?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Hatchbacks hopefully get flashpro before December 25th! And just uploading a base tune with a stock car shouldn't affect inspections. Although states with strict emission laws may have to flash back to stock in order to pass, but that will be easy when you have flash pro, so it's a win win honestly. It's worth the money and should be the first engine mod. IMO

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Hatchbacks hopefully get flashpro before December 25th! And just uploading a base tune with a stock car shouldn't affect inspections. Although states with strict emission laws may have to flash back to stock in order to pass, but that will be easy when you have flash pro, so it's a win win honestly. It's worth the money and should be the first engine mod. IMO
Agreed! Especially true and important with Turbo cars!

slingshot

Slingshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback
I'm gonna pull the trigger on this flash for my 2017 hatchback. My only concern is what would happen if the wife puts a tank of 87 octane in it. Will the program pull timing and/or boost to allow it to run OK without knocking for possibly grenading??

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I'm gonna pull the trigger on this flash for my 2017 hatchback. My only concern is what would happen if the wife puts a tank of 87 octane in it. Will the program pull timing and/or boost to allow it to run OK without knocking for possibly grenading??
At least on the 8th civic Si there were tables in where you can set that. But requires a Pro tuner that knows what is doing.

slingshot

Slingshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly man, I would not waste the money on reflash, just wait a little longer for flashpro. Reflash is random and chances are you'll have to adjust in to some degree for it to be efficient tune. Plus reflash you have to do all these things to get it flashed, if you have flash pro you can do it almost instantly. Just trying to save you and others of a mean headache.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are tuned for 91 or greater. Which is suggested when doing a performance tune. And you use 87 even 89. You will get lower performance and you are ruining the engine every second you leave it running. I had experienced this a long time ago with my old k20. Use the best gas. It lasts longer and gives better results and better numbers. And better for engine life. Same with oil changes. Use the best you can get. Don't cheap out ever when it comes to your engine.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also yes we have a knock sensor. Will knock happen, of course, but knock is bad and the more knock the worse. If you can avoid it, please do. Don't let temptations get to you. Reflash like I said is pretty random for the most part. With flashpro your tuner can calibrate pretty much everything and make it perfect. And your car will run great and last much longer. It's a night and day difference.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a complete noob about flashing, so apologies in advance. The only thing that's maybe similar I know about is overclocking computers.
First, would someone kindly explain what is meant by "part throttle?" Does this mean partial throttle, as in not WOT?
Second, do all of our cars run the same 'map'/settings from the factory, and do they automatically adjust with use? That is, if two owners have never flashed or modified anything, will their baselines be the same?

Can this software copy and save what my car currently has (stock), or does it just provide a generic baseline that is pretty close.

Lastly, does the software provide a 'diff' between two profiles, or would one have to flip back and forth and eyeball what's changed?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ECU will relearn the octane value and reduce ignition timing as necessary.

You might consider taking your car to a local Hondata dealer. If they have a Hondata dealer FlashPro they can reflash your car on the spot or return it to stock at any time. This avoids downtime sending your ECU to us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a complete noob about flashing, so apologies in advance. The only thing that's maybe similar I know about is overclocking computers.
First, would someone kindly explain what is meant by "part throttle?" Does this mean partial throttle, as in not WOT?
Second, do all of our cars run the same 'map'/settings from the factory, and do they automatically adjust with use? That is, if two owners have never flashed or modified anything, will their baselines be the same?

Can this software copy and save what my car currently has (stock), or does it just provide a generic baseline that is pretty close.

Lastly, does the software provide a 'diff' between two profiles, or would one have to flip back and forth and eyeball what's changed?

Partial throttle as in non WOT.

All cars run the same starting program, which is provided as a baseline calibration. The ECU learns the engine parameters such as octane, wastegate actuator zero position and oxygen sensor degradation.

FlashPro Manager provides a compare function which lists the parameter differences between calibrations.
Sponsored