Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If my mechanic is a Hondata dealer do I still need a flashpro or can he just reflash my ECU?
I know I wont have the live data logging etc...
If your Hondata dealer has a dealer FlashPro they can reflash your ECU. You will not need a FlashPro in this case. You will need to check with your dealer to see if they have this unit. The process takes no more than 10 minutes.
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So if I buy this and flash the ECU, can it be flashed back to pass smog? Granted I wouldn't have to worry about this for another 5 years anyway but still, would prefer to know now than last minute

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
Any comments on the reason for having a lower boost option for the CVT?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Will the flashpro work with the hatchback model? All the same 1.5t engine

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The FlashPro includes a return to stock function.

We developed a reflash to closely match the projected boost and power output of the CRV.

The 5 door CVT and Sport hatch CVT will have support before Christmas.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Will there be a different/slighty more aggressive tune when a downpipe becomes available?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Will there be a different/slighty more aggressive tune when a downpipe becomes available?
The great thing about FlashPro, you can share your tunes with the community. You can find someone else with the same setup and use their tune. Do a few runs to datalog and adjust it to your setting or someone in the community can look at it and do it for you.

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MS3, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
The great thing about FlashPro, you can share your tunes with the community. You can find someone else with the same setup and use their tune. Do a few runs to datalog and adjust it to your setting or someone in the community can look at it and do it for you.
:thumbsdown:Horrible advice...don't listen to this guy.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
:thumbsdown:Horrible advice...don't listen to this guy.
Why not?
If you are skilled doing minor adjustments this is a cool scenario that I loved when I had the 8th SI.
I helped many people sharing mine and doing the minor tweaks to reduce knocks, keep strims and AFRs at bay. Until they are ready for a Pro tune for maximum gains and driveability.

Made many friends while doing this.

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications thumbsdown
Horrible advice...don't listen to this guy.
Why not?
If you are skilled doing minor adjustments this is a cool scenario that I loved when I had the 8th SI.
I helped many people sharing mine and doing the minor tweaks to reduce knocks, keep strims and AFRs at bay. Until they are ready for a Pro tune for maximum gains and driveability.

Made many friends while doing this.
It's no different than running the tunes that comes with Flashpro. its always best to keep an eye on the datalog with a new tune and adjust if needed.
I didn't say just put a random tune from a random stranger with no reputation. if you go on Hondata forums, they have a community that will help you out on your base map. if that's not what you want to do, you can datalog and send it to one of your favorite tuners and they can do email tunes

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
It's no different than running the tunes that comes with Flashpro. its always best to keep an eye on the datalog with a new tune and adjust if needed.
I didn't say just put a random tune from a random stranger with no reputation. if you go on Hondata forums, they have a community that will help you out on your base map. if that's not what you want to do, you can datalog and send it to one of your favorite tuners and they can do email tunes
True the default tunes builted into flashpro were just baselines. They weren't very efficient at all.

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MS3, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
You didn't specify otherwise... You made it sound like it's ok to taste ice cream from someone that's already licked lol. Maps in general should not be viewed as universal (unless it's widely tested/verified).

The thing is... when it comes to tunes, unless you know the tuner is skilled, you shouldn't be trying out "base maps" or any sort of map. If the software comes with a base map, use it, or get a custom tune. I get you can sometimes use a revised base map but you need to factor in if the appropriate tuning steps applied and the tune type (load,boost, hybrid based) before you want to start refining the tune... At that point you should just get a custom tune..

You are free to say/think what you want.. But I have seen where shared tunes turn into someone blowing their motor.. When you factor in octane variation (91 fuel is not created equal from state to state) equal, potential mechanical/hardware issues, etc.... it's always safer to seek reputable tuner << which I guess you are saying now.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Sorry , I guess i should of been more clear.
Maps are never to be viewed as universal even if its widely tested/verified. They are still consider basemap/base line to get started. At the end you should put it on the dyno if you want every bit of the power. The base maps are usually very conservative.
I guess you cant count for everyone having common sense on everything. You wouldn't want to run the first map that someone post. It's best for someone to look at it first and see what they think about it or look at the calibration yourself and see the changes made on it.

For just adding a downpipe, It's such a simple mod. it will be really easy to do adjustments from a few datalogs. I dont recommend doing this if you have done a none basic bolt on. like a bigger turbo or cams. Those I would get your tuner to work with you remotely or take it to the tuner directly

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Not if he has a FlashPro Dealer unit, which he does.
Roger that. I never knew they could do that! The spot I go is 'just' a tuner I guess, but since I have the FlashPro, he never brought up just reflashing it. Honestly, I'd go for that in the future - unless I continue this practice of running a 93 tune sometimes and an E-85 tune when my travels take me near a station that has Ethanol. In that case, I think I'd be stuck.
Sponsored