Flashpro Now or Later?

HatchSense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX w/Sensing
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here (and to Flashpro) as well, so please forgive me if I misunderstand anything. After reading all of the forums about Flashpro, it seems like a no brainer investment to make which has no immediate risk of damaging the car (assuming nothing is altered by the user before installing). The only risks I see are possible legal ones (which is not an issue for me), and perhaps the long-term condition of the car. Would the car's warranty be voided if it's taken into the shop with the upgraded parameters (I realize if I purchase it I can easily transition it back to stock)? Also, is there any possibility of issues with the car if used long-term?

From what I understand, it appears the upcoming Civic Si has the exact same engine as the current sedan and hatchback (I just bought the hatch EX this past weekend). Obviously the Si is expected to have more horsepower and torque with the same engine. My assumption is that companies such as Hondata will create another Flashpro to emulate the Si model. My thinking is I should just wait to get this program, since it is essentially already being used for an incoming Honda model. I assume this would remove the legal aspect of it, and lessen the possibility of damaging the car long-term, so there is minimal (if any) risk. The other option is to just go with what's available now.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance for your input!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think you can count on ever getting an "Si tune" and staying within warranty. I've heard FlashPro is trying to go through the proper channels to get some of their tunes approved by Honda, the results of their efforts are yet to be determined. With my previous experience with flash tuners and what I've seen from Honda tuning leaders such as Vit with this platform I am very comfortable with the idea of using currently available options.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, is there any possibility of issues with the car if used long-term?

From what I understand, it appears the upcoming Civic Si has the exact same engine as the current sedan and hatchback My assumption is that companies such as Hondata will create another Flashpro to emulate the Si model.
We ran 3 Civics at the 25 hour - a total of 75 hours (+ practice) pretty much at full throttle with the same tune we offer with the FlashPro. Probably more full throttle than a street car would see in several years of driving. All engines and gearboxes finished the race in good condition.

The calibrations are race proven and are very very reliable.

You cannot assume the Si has the same engine and turbo as the current model.

The current FlashPro will be able to be used with the Civic Si.

Last edited:
OP
OP

HatchSense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX w/Sensing
We ran 3 Civics at the 25 hour - a total of 75 hours (+ practice) pretty much at full throttle with the same tune we offer with the FlashPro. Probably more full throttle than a street car would see in several years of driving. All engines and gearboxes finished the race in good condition.

The calibrations are race proven and are very very reliable.

You cannot assume the Si has the same engine and turbo as the current model.

The current FlashPro will be able to be used with the Civic Si.
Thanks for the reply. Does the newest FlashPro work with the 2017 Civic Hatch EX (CVT) as well?

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Great to hear straight from Hondata, just got my FlashPro monday and will be using it as soon as the roads clean up here in RI...along with a few other bits and pieces!!!!!!

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great to hear straight from Hondata, just got my FlashPro monday and will be using it as soon as the roads clean up here in RI...along with a few other bits and pieces!!!!!!
:popcorn::popcorn::drive:
Sponsored