Flashpro for beginner.

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EXL Navi 2017
Vehicle Showcase
I have a turbo hatch CVT with an injen CAI. I was thinking and reading all about Flashpro but I'm not familiar with tuning techniques. Can I see some real benefits with using a base tune 6 psi boost with CAI or do you really need to customize and temweak your tune? Any help or thoughts are appreciated.
Sponsored

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a turbo hatch CVT with an injen CAI. I was thinking and reading all about Flashpro but I'm not familiar with tuning techniques. Can I see some real benefits with using a base tune 6 psi boost with CAI or do you really need to customize and temweak your tune? Any help or thoughts are appreciated.
The factory tune and any hondata base tune are like night and day from each other. You do not need a custom tune to feel a huge difference. Off the line is improved, torque is improved throughout the band. A custom tune will benefit you down the line when you start adding more parts.

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The factory tune and any hondata base tune are like night and day from each other. You do not need a custom tune to feel a huge difference. Off the line is improved, torque is improved throughout the band. A custom tune will benefit you down the line when you start adding more parts.
Thanks. It seems pretty easy and straightforward to flash it with a base tune. I hope it's not easy to make a mistake and mess something up? And then you just flash it back to factory when bringing it in for service?

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. It seems pretty easy and straightforward to flash it with a base tune. I hope it's not easy to make a mistake and mess something up? And then you just flash it back to factory when bringing it in for service?
Very easy, you don't actually have to modify any numbers yourself. The base tunes are all included, just select and upload to ECU. Back to factory is just as easy.

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very easy, you don't actually have to modify any numbers yourself. The base tunes are all included, just select and upload to ECU. Back to factory is just as easy.
And do you only see improvement with 91 octane or does 87 see any gains? Can you still use 87?

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And do you only see improvement with 91 octane or does 87 see any gains? Can you still use 87?
Don't take my word 100% on this, as I am just an internet random haha, but I do not believe the basemaps are 91, I believe you can still run 87, maybe @Hondata or @VitViper could chime in on this one.

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And if you flash it back to factory is there anyway the dealer can tell that it was tuned when you bring it on for service ?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Don't take my word 100% on this, as I am just an internet random haha, but I do not believe the basemaps are 91, I believe you can still run 87, maybe @Hondata or @VitViper could chime in on this one.

Basemap are whatever 87 or 91 the ecu will adjust automatically. Better run with 91 for better performance

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
The provided basemaps will work on 87 to 91 octane fuels, results will be better tuning for actual 91+, but then that map will not be acceptable for running 87.

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of improvement should I expect
0-60?

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What kind of improvement should I expect
0-60?
We have had several customer reports of around a 1 second improvement. Last weekend, we ran a 14.39 @ 98 mph in the 1/4 at the IFO in Arizona in our CVT Civic.

solsticephase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
We have had several customer reports of around a 1 second improvement. Last weekend, we ran a 14.39 @ 98 mph in the 1/4 at the IFO in Arizona in our CVT Civic.
What have stock cars been clocking at? For the sake of comparison.

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Awesome time. How did u launch? Any other mods?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Awesome time. How did u launch? Any other mods?
Despite our turbocharged car’s lag time at launch, we were off to a decent 0-60 time of 7.5 seconds. With both the little turbo cranked and CVT screaming, the ¼-mile passed in a respectable 15.7-seconds at 93 miles-per-hour.

motorweek

Standing ¼-mile: 15.3 sec @ 94 mph
car and review
Sponsored

Last edited: