FlashPro First Impressions

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had the pleasure of meeting Doug from @Hondata today and he let me test drive their fully tuned civic with no bolt-ons. The difference between stock and tuned is night and day as @dc2turbo mentioned in his thread http://www.civicx.com/threads/my-fl...s-boost-level-and-iat-temps-with-oem-ic.7279/.

What won me over initially was throttle response and how much more torque the car had. The moment when my foot went to the floor on the gas, the first thought was, "Oh shit!" and honestly was surprised it was the same car I have except properly tuned. (Hellooooo wheel-slip ;) ). I also cruised around a street for a little bit just to see for myself what the impact would be on gas mileage and it's pretty much negligible at cruising speed. (Trust me, it took quite a bit of will power to not slam the gas around every single corner and street, haha.) Doug was also courteous enough to show me how easy it is to use the software and being able to see everything in real-time and had answered my questions and concerns about the tuner in general.

Needless to say, I was thoroughly impressed how much different the car felt compared to mine, how easy the software is to use, and I'm already salivating at the thought of how mine will be when I get it fully tuned and flying through the canyons.

I'll be ordering my FlashPro through @PRO Civic very soon and will be posting my results by Feb once I'm done Christmas shopping for everyone. (Or maybe I tell everyone I'm broke and buy myself this instead, haha.)

@Hondata kicked in, yo.
Sponsored

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Patiently waiting til Tuesday but could be tomorrow.And tell em y'all are broke.^^^^

Last edited:

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had the pleasure of meeting Doug from @Hondata today and he let me test drive their fully tuned civic with no bolt-ons. The difference between stock and tuned is night and day as @dc2turbo mentioned in his thread http://www.civicx.com/threads/my-fl...s-boost-level-and-iat-temps-with-oem-ic.7279/.

What won me over initially was throttle response and how much more torque the car had. The moment when my foot went to the floor on the gas, the first thought was, "Oh shit!" and honestly was surprised it was the same car I have except properly tuned. (Hellooooo wheel-slip ;) ). I also cruised around a street for a little bit just to see for myself what the impact would be on gas mileage and it's pretty much negligible at cruising speed. (Trust me, it took quite a bit of will power to not slam the gas around every single corner and street, haha.) Doug was also courteous enough to show me how easy it is to use the software and being able to see everything in real-time and had answered my questions and concerns about the tuner in general.

Needless to say, I was thoroughly impressed how much different the car felt compared to mine, how easy the software is to use, and I'm already salivating at the thought of how mine will be when I get it fully tuned and flying through the canyons.

I'll be ordering my FlashPro through @PRO Civic very soon and will be posting my results by Feb once I'm done Christmas shopping for everyone. (Or maybe I tell everyone I'm broke and buy myself this instead, haha.)

@Hondata kicked in, yo.
was this the Mt or CVT? how is partial throttle response?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Yup definitely one of the best mods you can get right now. Forget the intake, exhaust, bov or whatever rice stuff. This is the best bang for your buck for power

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
was this the Mt or CVT? how is partial throttle response?
CVT. Overall response was a lot better vs stock and a little surprised Honda didn't do this off the line. (At least maybe a properly done sport trim or something with this type of tune.)

Last edited:

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CVT. Overall response was a lot better vs stock and a little surprised Honda didn't do this off the line. (At least maybe a properly sport trim or something with this type of tune.)
thanks, was a little confusing when they said partial throttle fuel economy was unchanged, that's mainly what I'm looking for is quicker acceleration under light throttle, makes it seem like the little motor isn't working so hard.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Hey @Syntek,

It was great meeting you even though we didn't get to go for a drive! After driving Hondata's 1.5T CVT with the FlashPro tune, I was really impressed with just how fast it feels. I know it is not putting down quite a much power as the M/T, but now that I've driven both, it sure feels like the CVT is just as fast. It builds speed so quickly and you really get that rush of acceleration. Glad to hear you're convinced that the FlashPro is a good buy.

Let me know if you have any more questions at all.

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

@Hondata kicked in, yo.
So is it worth the $700 for the flashpro? Would it be better to upgrade other things like turbo or inter cooler? Maybe brakes, exhaust? I got a 17 civic hatch sport and I would like to keep the warranty... So should I wait?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
So is it worth the $700 for the flashpro? Would it be better to upgrade other things like turbo or inter cooler? Maybe brakes, exhaust? I got a 17 civic hatch sport and I would like to keep the warranty... So should I wait?
if you upgrade the turbo , you will still need to get a Tuner of some type like FlashPro,KTuner or whatever.

1st upgrade i would recommend is a tuner.

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey @Syntek,

It was great meeting you even though we didn't get to go for a drive! After driving Hondata's 1.5T CVT with the FlashPro tune, I was really impressed with just how fast it feels. I know it is not putting down quite a much power as the M/T, but now that I've driven both, it sure feels like the CVT is just as fast. It builds speed so quickly and you really get that rush of acceleration. Glad to hear you're convinced that the FlashPro is a good buy.

Let me know if you have any more questions at all.
Pleasure meeting you too! I'll definitely shoot you a message or two if any other questions come up.

:)

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Did a baseline log and under WOT from 2k- 6k boost only went to 12.5.Ive yet to hit redline with or without FP.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro First Impressions image