FIXED - Honda Sensing Stops Working

jomino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So I commute about an hour each way to work and the adaptive cruise control is one of the main reasons I bought the car since I work in the DC metro and traffic sucks daily. So without a doubt, the Honda sensing features work for the most part quite well in the morning mostly, and is a bit spotty in the day time, even if it's not too sunny out. Anyway, that's not exactly the problem. The problem is that without a doubt, the Honda sensing suit (adaptive cruise control, lane departure, lane assist, collision ect.) all stop working on a daily basis, usually about 20-45 minutes after starting the car, regardless if I'm using it or not. I've tried switching to normal cruise control to see if this my reset it, but to no avail. The manual says that if I get the error, then I need to clean the windshield or it is overheating. So i've tried leaving the car on and cleaning the windshield, even with water and wipes and this does not work. I have also used the AC in the car to attempt to "cool down" the sensors in in the top of the windshield, as well as using heat in case they maybe froze, each for more then 30 mins and this does not do a thing. The only thing that fixes it is to reset the entire car, which makes this go away at least for a bit.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm taking the car in on Tuesday to have it looked at and will update you all when I can. I think I read in an article about a 2016 honda pilot that was having a similar issue with the adaptive cruise control and the dealer told them it had something to do with having the wrong grill ornament or something...
Sponsored

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Do you have a build-up on the radar sensor area on the bumper? Not too sure where it is but I bet you could find it in the manual.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a build-up on the radar sensor area on the bumper? Not too sure where it is but I bet you could find it in the manual.
I'm pretty sure it's on the driver's side next to the foglight. There's a lens there on mine marked DO NOT PAINT.
Honda Civic 10th gen FIXED - Honda Sensing Stops Working _DSC9533

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If ALL the sensing features stop working properly, it can't be the radar unit. must be a global issue with the sensing electronics/computer

OP
OP

jomino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yeah, i've even checked the radar panel, nothing wrong with it and it maybe has a very small amount of water spots, that's about it.

toyman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 element, 2016 civic touring
Country flag
Yeah, i've even checked the radar panel, nothing wrong with it and it maybe has a very small amount of water spots, that's about it.
this happened when I first got the car, they found a loose wire harness connector under the steering wheel area (might have been the wire harness for the brake) it was not snapped in all the way from the factory. the tech found it quickly and snapped it together never had that issue ever again, check that

OP
OP

jomino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Really? I'll check but I' bringing her in tomorrow morning and will relay this information thanks!

OP
OP

jomino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
UPDATE: So I brought my Civic Touring in on the 29th and they have given me a loaner to drive around until they get to the bottom of it, will keep you posted as results come in.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Keep in mind that there are some conditions that will stop the system from working. I think it's automatically disabled in the rain / snow, and any kind of radar interference, solar glare, or poor line markings on the road are obviously going to make it impossible for the car to figure out where the lane / other cars are.

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
UPDATE: So I brought my Civic Touring in on the 29th and they have given me a loaner to drive around until they get to the bottom of it, will keep you posted as results come in.
Any news jomino?

OP
OP

jomino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
UPDATE: So, FINALLY the issue is solved!

At first, after about 1 day, the dealership gave me back the car after doing a system update and told me they test drive the vehicle with no issue. Not only 10 minutes after driving the vehicle off the lot, i got the same issues again. So basically, the next week I brought the poor girl back in. They kept her for almost 2 weeks, what with all of the holidays and what not and they gave me a loaner car to drive until she was good to go free of charge so that was good. Anyway long story short, they replaced the camera and the infotainment center out for brand new units and test drove it with no issue. I got the car back a few days ago and everything seems to be fixed! Even though I had these issues, I still am in love with this car, it's awesome; will let you guys know if I have any further issues.

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
UPDATE: So, FINALLY the issue is solved!

At first, after about 1 day, the dealership gave me back the car after doing a system update and told me they test drive the vehicle with no issue. Not only 10 minutes after driving the vehicle off the lot, i got the same issues again. So basically, the next week I brought the poor girl back in. They kept her for almost 2 weeks, what with all of the holidays and what not and they gave me a loaner car to drive until she was good to go free of charge so that was good. Anyway long story short, they replaced the camera and the infotainment center out for brand new units and test drove it with no issue. I got the car back a few days ago and everything seems to be fixed! Even though I had these issues, I still am in love with this car, it's awesome; will let you guys know if I have any further issues.
Glad to hear it worked out man. Need to start using the sensing to see if it works. I rarely use it because I figured it won't work in Montreal due to the lane markings bring covered in dirt or snow. Will try on the highway.

Car is amazing, I love the touring!

OP
OP

jomino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yeah it's great! Sensing works like a charm, be careful on turns though, just always be watching your system.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Glad to hear it worked out man. Need to start using the sensing to see if it works. I rarely use it because I figured it won't work in Montreal due to the lane markings bring covered in dirt or snow. Will try on the highway.

Car is amazing, I love the touring!
The lane keep automatically turns off in inclement weather. Too inconsistent in seeing the road.
The collision features should still work, but maybe you don't want to test those. :)

TCcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Why won't my adaptive cruise control turn on when I try and set the cruise? If I turn off adaptive cruise, cruise control will still work.
Sponsored