First Tuned Civic RS in Thailand by Race Chip Gains 20+ HP

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stock turbo is definitely a limiter. Even around 17 psi i'm having issues with it. A bolt on is in development tho, we should see in soon. I would not go that far with the CVT, you'd only be asking for trouble. I'm going to try running a premium gas tune to see if it will take over 17 PSi and be happy.
What kind of issues?
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
RPMs not staying steady, power drops. Were trying to figure out if its just my car that's having issues. So far mine is not matching up with Ktuners test car, when on the same ECU flash.

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could theoretically have more power and the CVT could handle it, but you would have to beef up the CVT belt/chain. I'd say once you do anything beyond an intake you are putting your CVT at risk for issues. It comes with the territory I guess. If you have money to mod you should have money to set aside if something goes wrong

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I know I started this thread and all, but all your tech talk is going straight over my head. Lol.
Lol..same here.. So does this mean I can get up to say 200hp with my 1.5L..That would be sweet.. Without damaging anything engine wise of course..

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We need a Turbo owner that has an intake and exhaust upgrade and see how much further it goes.. It could be an overall 230hp...

Wow that would be Awesome !

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think we could get away with close to 250 whp before having problems.. But just my speculation. Either way, if we're getting 200 whp from a 1.5L turbo, that would be one little potent engine. Making the Veloster Turbo guys and even people with bigger turbo engines even jealous.
Just a heads up, the Civic 1.5T already has tested faster 0-60 than the Veloster turbo, by almost a second in some cases. We've seen civics run 6.7-7.2 and the Veloster turbo tests out around 7.6 i think. Hyundai's turbo models do not perform as their spec sheets would suggest.

But i agree, being able to keep up with a newer GTI (the previous Si biggest competition) would be awesome. Not to mention even keeping up with some of the base pony cars on the road which the civic is only about .5-1.5 seconds off of 0-60 in most cases (talking base version V6 or i-4 turbo models)

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We need a Turbo owner that has an intake and exhaust upgrade and see how much further it goes.. It could be an overall 230hp...

Wow that would be Awesome !
I have the intake... Someone buy me the exhaust and I'll try it! ;)

rz15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait to get my Civic 10th gen and start tuning it as well.. :)
Sponsored