FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
The problem is that it probably drives up cost. I am also hoping they swap out the chrome trim with black. But the Si Coupe has chrome as well.

The front bumper is likely a direct swap from the Hatch. The rear wing from the RS. Willing to bet that rear bumper adds an extra 35% to the fabrication cost due to the low volume. We'll know once the parts start popping up through our OEM retailers.
The coupe is still not yet released though so hopefully we see black trim for both. I wouldn't mind swapping it out on my Civic. Hmm.

See for me personally I would've preferred:
Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype civic%252520rear%252520quads2logo

Would've kept cost down compared to a low-production rear bumper too though it appears as though the Si coupe and Sedan share the same rear bumper.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's blatantly obvious it has the hatch front and rear, since you can clear as day see the outline through the masking material. Two put a new front and rear bumper and a spoiler on a sedan and call it an Si does not visually distance itself from a stock sedan. I know the majority of change is in performance, and rightfully so, however visually, this prototype is falling drastically short visually of all previous Si models.
Are you kidding me? Its a completely different front and rear! This is a far bigger change from base to SI than the previous 2 generations. look at this 8th EX vs SI.

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype 8th ex

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype 8th SI

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
Are you kidding me? Its a completely different front and rear! This is a far bigger change from base to SI than the previous 2 generations. look at this 8th EX vs SI.

8th ex.jpg

8th SI.jpg

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype 8th ex

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype 8th SI
Are you suggesting this isn't the hatch style front bumper? Because it's pretty obvious to me... Especially considering the Si Coupe has the hatch front bumper. The rear on the sedan SI looks like the rear on the Coupe Si taped up too.

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype civic_si_sedan_002-

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

8th ex.jpg

8th SI.jpg
Agreed. My first Si - 99 - benefited from 'side skirts and front lip in EBP. Side mirrors and side trim was also painted to match.' Haha! Of course almost everything was interchangeable back then though-

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
This was painfully underwhelming to me. A lot of people are right by saying that historically the Si is really only a different bumper, spoiler and wheels so im not sure why i was expecting such a drastic change. Maybe because of how crazy they went with the hatch. My EX-L is black so all of these spy photos kinda just look like what i already have. I will wait to see the final product before i pass judgement. Still very excited that its getting closer! I cant wait to hear it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
who cares if its the hatch bumper, the hatch wont be in SI form. It significantly different that whats available on the coupe or sedan and makes it obvious its not a base model coupe or sedan. Its a huge styling change from what comes on the non SI models. Previous models were only visually different in wheels and spoilers.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed. My first Si - 99 - benefited from 'side skirts and front lip in EBP. Side mirrors and side trim was also painted to match.' Haha! Of course almost everything was interchangeable back then though-
If you debadged an 8th gen, you would have no idea if it was an SI or not

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
who cares if its the hatch bumper, the hatch wont be in SI form. It significantly different that whats available on the coupe or sedan and makes it obvious its not a base model coupe or sedan. Its a huge styling change from what comes on the non SI models. Previous models were only visually different in wheels and spoilers.
I do not believe that's the issue that people have with the rear bumper.

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Previous models were only visually different in wheels and spoilers.
Everyone always forgets the EP3... :(

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype {filename}

Although the EP3 was basically the same as the non-CTR hatch that was sold in Europe except with a K20A3...so technically everyone is still correct. :p

jngalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Is it just me, or does this look like a Chevy Impala?

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Everyone always forgets the EP3... :(

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype {filename}

I will forever love this car. Really wish I would have grabbed one a few years ago but went with an Integra instead. :(

Although the EP3 was basically the same as the non-CTR hatch that was sold in Europe except with a K20A3...so technically everyone is still correct. :p

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do not believe that's the issue that people have with the rear bumper.
Stitcher says "It's blatantly obvious it has the hatch front and rear, since you can clear as day see the outline through the masking material. Two put a new front and rear bumper and a spoiler on a sedan and call it an Si does not visually distance itself from a stock sedan. I know the majority of change is in performance, and rightfully so, however visually, this prototype is falling drastically short visually of all previous Si models."

His issue is its not distancing itself visually from the non SI, when clearly having bumpers you cant get on the lower models is visually distancing itself. Im not sure what other visually different things stitcher is looking for, outside of a totally different model.
Sponsored