FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
I like it. I don't want a car that is too flashy and I don't want all the Honda sensing stuff either. I would get rid of the chrome around the windows and use the wheels from the coupe concept.

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
Maybe this is just hopeful thinking, but I'm thinking the wheels shown on the spied vehicle are on there for testing and not what will be on the final product. This get's me excited for the coupe though. My wife and I were thinking that the coupe Si would look good with the hatch style bumper covers.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A good portion of the sensing package can be seen on the CTR prototype. It's possible Honda could follow VW's lead and simply disengage CC if engine revs drop below a specified RPM threshold.

It's clear to me the Si prototype here gets nothing more than BSI. But we could see a 2nd trim the slots between the Touring and CTR (without infringing on other models in the lineup). If so, it's possible we'd see LEDs, Sensing, partial leather seating, and a few other add-ons.
on the Coupe SI Prototype official photos there is no LKAS or ACC button on the steering wheel as there would be with the Sensing package.

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype SI proto

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
I'll also add that I like what Honda has done to the exterior treatment. It's nothing special but enough to distance itself visually from the non-performance trims. Makes me wonder if the production version of the Si coupe will end up getting a hatch style rear bumper. :dunno:
What distance? The exterior is the exact same as the hatch. :dunno:

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
As for the spoiler -- don't mind that at all, personally; looks tight and clean.
Kinda like the 8th gen Si. Also I had an itchy feeling that the render was a little too good to be true. Honda? Giving us everything that want? In an Si Civic? Preposterous! I wonder if the side skirts will be like the sport, and if the wing from the '15 Si will fit the new one...

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What distance? The exterior is the exact same as the hatch. :dunno:
But for a SEDAN, it distances it, since the Hatch looks completely different than a Sedan,a and we dont know for sure that its the exact Hatch front bumper until they uncover it

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, that looks really subdued. It pretty much looks like the regular sedan with a spoiler, as far as I can tell, but I guess we'll have to wait until the covers come off. Once I see it in red I'll know if I want the coupe or not.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Every previous si exterior was just different bumpers, spoilers, and wheels. Why do people think they will change that recipe? I mean honestly when you go back to the 6th gen si the only difference was the front lip and rear spoiler. Why is everyone expecting it to completely change its look. Yes I know it's getting the hatch bumpers but they don't come on the sedan or coupe and to me I think they will fit the flow perfectly just like on the hatch.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
on the Coupe SI Prototype official photos there is no LKAS or ACC button on the steering wheel as there would be with the Sensing package.

SI proto.jpg
My point exactly. Sage Marie has said in an interview that they are mulling over other add-ons like LEDs but are aiming to offer this trim as comparable to the EX. Replicating the CTR's sensing package on the Si would not be hard to do. If the Si does get LEDs and Sensing, I'm doubtful we'd see before the 2019 MMR.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My point exactly. Sage Marie has said in an interview that they are mulling over other add-ons like LEDs but are aiming to offer this trim as comparable to the EX. Replicating the CTR's sensing package on the Si would not be hard to do. If the Si does get LEDs and Sensing, I'm doubtful we'd see before the 2019 MMR.
Yeah, was just trying to give people a visual outside of the wrapped mule spy shots.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Ok the Sport Hatch looks better than this for sure. Now I just need to know the numbers, because if the Sport Hatch with the Hondata +6psi tune (213hp) puts it on par with the Si then I am getting a Sport Hatch loaded up.