Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait?
2018?
It'll be an 18 model year released late summer or early fall of 17. The current 10th gen started as a 16 model year released in 15.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Its weird because the new Type-R pics show the Radar and Honda Sensing tech on that model but thal looks like the Euro model especially with the headlight washers
Maybe they'll just display some warning instead of actually/directly changing the speed of the car...

I still don't get why would any sort of tech that explicitly interferes with what the driver tells/wants the car to do be present in a car like this. Or in the Si, for that matter. The term "driver's car" is beginning to wash out a bit, I guess... :confused:

I want 100% control, dammit. :bat:
I guess the good news is that these can be turned off, but still -- why even have them in the first place... Oh well. Guess I'm gettin' old. :)

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe they'll just display some warning instead of actually/directly changing the speed of the car...

I still don't get why would any sort of tech that explicitly interferes with what the driver tells/wants the car to do be present in a car like this. Or in the Si, for that matter. The term "driver's car" is beginning to wash out a bit, I guess... :confused:

you can turn it all off

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype safety-11

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I guess the good news is that these can't be turned off, but still -- why even have them in the first place... Oh well. Guess I'm gettin' old. :)
Also, for IIHS and other crash test ratings. And it makes your insurance rates slightly less expensive

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Its weird because the new Type-R pics show the Radar and Honda Sensing tech on that model but thal looks like the Euro model especially with the headlight washers
ACC won't work with a manual transmission. No way for the computer to change gears if the car slows down too much.
The Sport Touring Hatch in Canada can be had with a MT and ACC - just can't get Low Speed Follow. http://honda.ca/civic_hatchback/specs

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
....which is interesting because Honda revealed the production R before the production Si. Maybe they were still finalizing little kinks in the Si? Either way, I am excited for both cars!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
....which is interesting because Honda revealed the production R before the production Si. Maybe they were still finalizing little kinks in the Si? Either way, I am excited for both cars!
My guess is they're going to sell out of TypeR's on lot quickly. People are going to go in wanting a TypeR but will settle on an Si...so it makes sense if they actually have them on lots to take advantage of the people that don't want to wait.
My guess is that the Si profits will be greater than that of the TypeR.

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
My guess is they're going to sell out of TypeR's on lot quickly. People are going to go in wanting a TypeR but will settle on an Si...so it makes sense if they actually have them on lots to take advantage of the people that don't want to wait.
My guess is that the Si profits will be greater than that of the TypeR.
R's will likely be extremely limited and spoken for before they even get to dealer lots in most cases..

Si profits will be exponentially higher than R profits...The R is not a car you're going to stroll into your local dealership and pick the one you want

Last edited:

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
R's will likely be extremely limited and spoken for before they even get to dealer lots in most cases..

Si profits will be exponentially higher than R profits...The R is not a car you're going to stroll into your local dealership and pick the one you want
Not unless you get a used one ;), I'm sure they'll be some in the market within 6 month period.
Sponsored