First scratch stories

enboe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2014 Stingray Premiere
O.K., I feel a little foolish, but at least my first scratch was my fault. The parking structure at work has electrical conduit pipes that protrude from the wall 3-4". They are at just the right height to slide below the license plate bracket. When I pulled in too close, I put a 1" scratch on either side next to the black front air splitter. I guess I will have to keep the car now as it has been personalized. :-(
Sponsored

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Just got my first dent this past weekend. Someone slammed their door against my rear door while I was having a few beers with the family at restaurant. I'll see if I can post a pic soon.

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Bought my Civic 14 November. 3 December this happened.

Not entirely sure how, but I noticed this one morning after I parked at work. Maybe some other vehicle had something low and sharp hanging from its side or something.

I've since gotten it repaired, but damn, didn't even have it for a month.

Attachments

Last edited:

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Am I correct in saying that's the front bumper? How much did that repair cost? I'd imagine they had to replace it, correct?

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Am I correct in saying that's the front bumper? How much did that repair cost? I'd imagine they had to replace it, correct?
Yep, front bumper. Had to pay my full insurance deductible. Yeah, they had to replace the whole bit because of the hole. If it wasn't there, they said they'd probably be able to buff and/or repaint the scratches.

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
O.K., I feel a little foolish, but at least my first scratch was my fault. The parking structure at work has electrical conduit pipes that protrude from the wall 3-4". They are at just the right height to slide below the license plate bracket. When I pulled in too close, I put a 1" scratch on either side next to the black front air splitter. I guess I will have to keep the car now as it has been personalized. :-(
I dread that day. I guess it's like obstacles in life.... Pick ourselves up and move on and try not to let it happen again. Minimize the dings and scratches.

EADGBE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EXL Hatch
We don't have our Civic yet, but I've been wondering about it's vulnerability to door dings - well, most cars are now, especially given the trend away from door side molding, which I admit I prefer.

Does anyone have experience with that pointless dent repair thing? Someone told me about it once and apparently it can be pretty effective if the dent is in the right place.

hellothere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L w/ Sensing
Country flag
The curb where I live is pretty high & since the car is pretty low, I ended up giving the civic a 2 inch scratch from parallel parking. :/

Attachments

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex 2012 Odyssey Lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not as bad as it looks in the picture but come on I barely had the car for less than a month

Attachments

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
What are y'all planning to do about your scratches and dings? Get professionals to get them our or do something yourselves?

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
After owning my Civic a few days, I noticed a scratch on the underneath the front bumper near the driver side. Have NO IDEA how I did it. It's hard to spot in the picture but its near the foglight housing.

Honda Civic 10th gen First scratch stories {filename}

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
After owning my Civic a few days, I noticed a scratch on the underneath the front bumper near the driver side. Have NO IDEA how I did it. It's hard to spot in the picture but its near the foglight housing.
[snip]
Speed bump perhaps?

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm figuring it was going up/down my driveway or like you said a speedbump. I have been very careful now going over both.
Sponsored