First look at turbo 2.0L for next Type R (and presumably Si)

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
They will likely stick with the FWD formula. AWD is both heavy and semi-inefficient at speed. And Honda has continued to prove that FWD can compete effectively in its natural habitat (i.e. Nurburgring).
Sponsored

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
looking carefully at the still shots of the purported 17 hatchback doing it's testing around the 'Ring ... the stance and set of the car under acceleration IMO looks awfully 'flat' and 'neutral' .. compared to say a FWD or RWD only chassis .. where there should be discernible Front-End lift out of corners and acceleration !!?
If spy photos start appearing that clearly show the CTR with a castle nut at the center of the rear wheel (indicating a drive axle), then I'll start believing there's power going to the rear wheels.

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si coupe, 13 Si coupe, 10 Si Coupe
If spy photos start appearing that clearly show the CTR with a castle nut at the center of the rear wheel (indicating a drive axle), then I'll start believing there's power going to the rear wheels.
trust me ... Honda will have it camo'd :p

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Over the years, our product development process became overly complex and slow, involving a huge number of engineers and sales and marketing people," said one of the two Honda executives. As a result, "we began producing watered down, uninspiring, what you might call designed-by-committee, cars." .... new Honda CEO

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
"Over the years, our product development process became overly complex and slow, involving a huge number of engineers and sales and marketing people," said one of the two Honda executives. As a result, "we began producing watered down, uninspiring, what you might call designed-by-committee, cars." .... new Honda CEO
I definitely like the direction of the company now. I feel when they redo a new vehicle it will be awesome except Ridgeline style looks like a typical truck they should of made it look more aggressive. But can't wait for more turbo cars and options

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
looking carefully at the still shots of the purported 17 hatchback doing it's testing around the 'Ring ... the stance and set of the car under acceleration IMO looks awfully 'flat' and 'neutral' .. compared to say a FWD or RWD only chassis .. where there should be discernible Front-End lift out of corners and acceleration !!?
The chassis is said to be unlike any other car out there. -i.e. the torsion rear suspension.

It should 'look' different than anything you've seen from previous FWD vehicles.

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The chassis is said to be unlike any other car out there. -i.e. the torsion rear suspension.

It should 'look' different than anything you've seen from previous FWD vehicles.
'17 type R going with full independent i understand !!
Sponsored