J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope that the SI debuts before then or the CTR may not be in dealerships until Summer '17. I want it to be 100% sorted out before it hits the streets, but the wait is making me feel like a 10 year old counting the days to Christmas.

I'm liking the hood scoop. Wouldn't think it would make much of a difference, but seems to pull the front end together.

Last edited:

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Although I don't like the wait either I'm not too pissed about, the longer they take the more I can save up towards it. I did hear first or second quarter of 2017 so fingers crossed.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm liking the hood scoop. Wouldn't think it would make much of a difference, but seems to pull the front end together.
Taking it a step further, assuming it's functional, it's probably there to further cool the intake/IM at speed. And also help evacuate hot air from under the cowl (down and out the rear).

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
Taking it a step further, assuming it's functional, it's probably there to further cool the intake/IM at speed. And also help evacuate hot air from under the cowl (down and out the rear).
Let's hope they also took the opportunity to save weight. Not sure what material the base Civics hood is, but using aluminum or magnesium here would seem appropriate.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Let's hope they also took the opportunity to save weight. Not sure what material the base Civics hood is, but using aluminum or magnesium here would seem appropriate.
lol, the only material left that's thinner than our hoods is tin-foil

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm fairly certain the hood scoop is functional for the reasons you mentioned, but I'm happy with the look too. I wasn't completely sold on the little fish fins over the front wheel wells. The scoop draws the sight lines towards the middle and brings eveything together. The fish fins just didn't quite fit.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It may also be the light or angle, but does anybody else see a new headlamp assembly? The previous prototype looked like it was just using the assembly from the 2.0 LX with the halogen projectors. The picture is not quite clear enough, but these look unique.