Finally Coated the Si (CQuartz Finest Reserve)

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got around to coating my Si after having it for a few months. The finish was in pretty decent shape and only required a light polish to remove minor defects and ramp up the gloss. The paint, trim and wheels were all coated with CQuartz Finest Reserve while the glass was coated with Flyby Forte.

The wheels were also pulled and thoroughly cleaned prior to spraying a few layers of coating on them.
Honda Civic 10th gen Finally Coated the Si (CQuartz Finest Reserve) dP1T_ZeDWCL3OZM6HRCeUo7IgdXDDIsWkLgVq6h1B7il-PqIJHw5clD38rf63ImcSd8wEXJ4B0dC80mWnj=w1602-h901-no

With the wheels finished an put back on the car the body received multiple coats of CQuartz Finest Reserve also. Here a few pictures just after finishing up the coating.
Honda Civic 10th gen Finally Coated the Si (CQuartz Finest Reserve) EEPUubFQUA37zsERDvfjVGh6gi0Xe48XfIu5ODf2QwL6yFcmnfp8ntXFQFbWFCcYgjnH_fN3AqfJ5B_HY0=w1602-h901-no

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally Coated the Si (CQuartz Finest Reserve) X2Wzx0VT_vmrM0cjtDVMLG_OfSPaQDoFwlmuoqji5JmnoGk6YTFVBCbr77MB-ofrkqePl39NpkULch74Fr=w1602-h901-no

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally Coated the Si (CQuartz Finest Reserve) 0gv38qTqtSwWsNNgBIyT0cFSh0RvlJPJ_Chyet_EvBUsmVpOhPpv_08kThxVcozmuMRNnN6k5lez4eeODp=w1602-h901-no

And a quick walk around video. Pretty happy with the results, however this is a color that photos just don't do justice for.

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Finally got around to coating my Si after having it for a few months. The finish was in pretty decent shape and only required a light polish to remove minor defects and ramp up the gloss. The paint, trim and wheels were all coated with CQuartz Finest Reserve while the glass was coated with Flyby Forte.

The wheels were also pulled and thoroughly cleaned prior to spraying a few layers of coating on them.
dP1T_ZeDWCL3OZM6HRCeUo7IgdXDDIsWkLgVq6h1B7il-PqIJHw5clD38rf63ImcSd8wEXJ4B0dC80mWnj=w1602-h901-no.jpg

With the wheels finished an put back on the car the body received multiple coats of CQuartz Finest Reserve also. Here a few pictures just after finishing up the coating.
EEPUubFQUA37zsERDvfjVGh6gi0Xe48XfIu5ODf2QwL6yFcmnfp8ntXFQFbWFCcYgjnH_fN3AqfJ5B_HY0=w1602-h901-no.jpg

X2Wzx0VT_vmrM0cjtDVMLG_OfSPaQDoFwlmuoqji5JmnoGk6YTFVBCbr77MB-ofrkqePl39NpkULch74Fr=w1602-h901-no.jpg

0gv38qTqtSwWsNNgBIyT0cFSh0RvlJPJ_Chyet_EvBUsmVpOhPpv_08kThxVcozmuMRNnN6k5lez4eeODp=w1602-h901-no.jpg

And a quick walk around video. Pretty happy with the results, however this is a color that photos just don't do justice for.
I agree wholeheartedly on the color. When I was looking at pictures it always looked like a white car to me. When I took delivery of mine, I was shocked at the amount of sparkle this color really has.

Did you do the coating yourself or pay a shop for it? Looks good, btw.

OP
OP
CEPA_Si

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did it myself (at my shop) :)

2Smoker119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2008 Accord v6
Country flag
I did it myself (at my shop) :)
Looks fantastic! I have a WOP sedan, myself. I am very jealous and I can only imagine how it looks in person!

I've been wanting to try this myself, but I am afraid to on my brand new car :(

Do you have an installation video for the DIYer? Or know of a good one online that would help me?

Thanks!

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Question: Can CQuartz reduce swirls? I am considering a black Si.

BTW. Opti coat is about $1,000CAN.

OP
OP
CEPA_Si

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question: Can CQuartz reduce swirls? I am considering a black Si.

BTW. Opti coat is about $1,000CAN.
Coatings will not reduce swirls, however they will make maintaining the vehicle much easier. The only way to minimize swirling is to adjust your wash method to a safe proper method. Swirling is typically caused by improper washing and drying of the vehicle, along with constant wipe downs with dirty rags or towels.

Looks fantastic! I have a WOP sedan, myself. I am very jealous and I can only imagine how it looks in person!

I've been wanting to try this myself, but I am afraid to on my brand new car :(

Do you have an installation video for the DIYer? Or know of a good one online that would help me?

Thanks!
I do not have any install videos that I have personally done, however there are many available on you tube. Here is a video by Corey C. who runs Carpro-US and is the rep for CQuartz in the US, he is showing the application of CQUK.

Personally I would look into 22ple HPC or Gtechniq CSL for the novice though, as these are 2 of the easier coating to apply yourself. Here are a few AAP Blogs on these coatings that could help guide you if you decide to try one.

22ple High Performance Coating (HPC) – Product Overview and Application
by Zach McGovern

Initial Impressions & Application: Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL)
by Ivan Rajic

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I thought coating would harden the surface to minimize swirls (minimize but certainly not eliminate)

OP
OP
CEPA_Si

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought coating would harden the surface to minimize swirls (minimize but certainly not eliminate)
Coatings do offer some scratch resistance, but to so it will minimize swirls isn't fully accurate. Like I previously said, proper care is the key to minimizing swirls. Learning to properly maintain your vehicle is very important if you want to keep it nice looking. There is a lot of false information on what coatings are capable of advertised by some major coating companies with Ceramic Pro being one of the worst. While they do have some great marketing, 90% of it is very misleading and will lead consumers to think coating are capable of things that they really aren't.

Coating your vehicle will certainly make it much easier to maintain, but if you expect it to be resistance to swirling, scratches or anything else your likely going to be unhappy with the results.
Sponsored