1.5T Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Although I am completely lost on what the basis of this thread actually is, it seems like the torque limits of a CVT are a saving grace that prevent human error leading to damage from miss-shifts under boosted and tuned conditions.
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Although I am completely lost on what the basis of this thread actually is, it seems like the torque limits of a CVT are a saving grace that prevent human error leading to damage from miss-shifts under boosted and tuned conditions.
And how does one miss-shift in a CVT lol

noobsteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK4 hatchback
Hello,

I'm sure the Civic RS is the cheapest fastest car new you can buy in Thailand right now, correct? If so I expect to see loads everywhere when I go back. Didn't see any in 2016 or 1st quarter 2017.
Yes the sedan RS and the hatchback are along with Focus. The civics have been around but most people buy 1.8 because RS and hatch cost 1.2M baht which is not the price non-car people are willing to pay for civics. That may be why you didn't see them. Come back this time and you will see how far we have gone with modding our 1.5T.
Some are pushing 260 hp at 1.8 bar (SI turbo swapped and aftermarket rod I think) which I doubt the longetivity of the CVT..

Doug from Hondata was just in Thailand, he posted bunch of CivicX pics
Honda Civic 10th gen Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod. {filename}
Yes he was here for Bangkok Auto salon to attend Hondata Flashpro and CVT explanation to tuners in Bangkok

OP
OP
carfun

carfun

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gt-tune.com
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5t, EVO9, RS4, GTR R35
Country flag
If you want a course in how to make power without using a 1.15 TCF and using the shop as the scapegoat for BS #'s, courses start at $100,000. 5 attendee minimum. We were not using a Hondata.
This is the answer that one would expect from glorified "Keyboard Warrior".

Here is the basic gist about TCF from dynapack website:

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod. WfXt2N

Basically it states that there is a 15% hp loss on the flywheel and that a correction of 15% aka TCF 1.15% is advised to be applied on the Dyno setup.

Here is our Dyno graph for STOCK FIRMWARE TUNE also using TCF 1.15 (as per advise of the dynapack's website). Our car already has full intake and exhaust system mods. TCF at this point is irrelevant, as this is stock tune and what gain would we get from "inflating" the stock tune dyno numbers right?

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod. QTiUV6

According to Glorified Keyboard Warrior's caculation:

191.4 ps = (191.4 ps / 1.15 TCF)0.9887(1.13% less in ps) = 164.55 HP(1.0 TCF).

So our MODIFIED car gets 164.55 HP on Honda stock tune.

So now here is the "fun" part. If you check Glorified Keyboard Warrior's blog/website, he shows that he is getting 180 HP with TCF 1.0 on STOCK FIRMWARE TUNE and a freaking BONE STOCK CAR!!! Looks like his dyno is high on legal marijuana because THOSE ARE VERY HAPPY DYNO RESULTS when you compare with our stock dyno graph. I mean 164.55 HP vs 180 HP ??? And we are supposedly the ones inflating our numbers??? Come on...

Anyway, to show you guys how much HP we gained with our "normalized" dyno results:

Stock Tune:

191.4 ps = (191.4 ps / 1.15 TCF) x 0.9887(1.13% less in ps) = 164.55 HP(1.0 TCF)

Final Tune:

311 ps = 311 ps /1.15 TCF)x 0.9887 (1.13% less in ps) = 267 HP (1.0 TCF)

HP Gains:

267 hp (1.0 TCF) - 164.55 hp (1.0 TCF) = 102.45 hp (1.0 TCF)

So it is 102.45 hp (1.0 TCF) gains when compared with stock tune. This alone is already impressive and don't we wont let some self-entitled keyboard warrior to tell us otherwise when obviously his own Dyno is one of the HAPPIEST Dyno we ever seen in the interwebs.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
his own Dyno is one of the HAPPIEST Dyno we ever seen in the interwebs.
you clearly haven't heard of shawn church :rofl:

Should've made the title "finally 267 hp owen turbo custom connecting rod"

when ppl see dyno graphs, they expect and assume to see WHEEL or HUB hp not corrected flywheel HP. So people clicked on this thread thinking someone was able to make 311 whp not flywheel hp. Not to mention your initial post didn't even include your stock run to show how much you actually gained over "stock"

Anyways i'm rdy for some :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
So many of you guys just talk trash while someone is just trying to provide some information to this platform. The info might be or not be 100% correct but at least he's providing something to us on his findings. Who care's what the numbers are. Dyno is a TOOL. As long the dyno settings are consistent and hes making gains then who cares.

oh in before the lock lol

Last edited:

edgeautosport.com

Elite Sponsor
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
....This dyno comes in at 267whp uncorrected.
As I pointed out earlier.....

Stock Tune:

191.4 ps = (191.4 ps / 1.15 TCF) x 0.9887(1.13% less in ps) = 164.55 HP(1.0 TCF)

Final Tune:

311 ps = 311 ps /1.15 TCF)x 0.9887 (1.13% less in ps) = 267 HP (1.0 TCF)
I think the whole problem here is not the numbers, it's how they were presented. Look at the name of the thread..... You put 311 HP when you should have put either 311 PS or 267 HP. When you make a thread boasting about how much power your car made, the context becomes "look at how much power I made." Even worse, you didn't actually use the right number. If you would have originally posted "+102whp over stock...." and then showed a baseline vs. where you were in the original post, everyone would have looked at it with that context instead. This thread was bound to turn into this based on the title alone.

Just my thoughts. We've learned our lessons about how to post dyno graphs and how to explain them.

edgeautosport.com

Elite Sponsor
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
And putting 311 PS still wouldn't have been very proper. That's basically saying that's what you made at the crank if you're using the 15% drivetrain loss TC Factor. It's not really common in the states to use crank hp past a conversation about a factory car's rating. Maybe it's different in Hong Kong, I don't know.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
So many of you guys just talk trash while someone is just trying to provide some information to this platform. The info might be or not be 100% correct but at least he's providing something to us on his findings. Who care's what the numbers are. Dyno is a TOOL. As long the dyno settings are consistent and hes making gains then who cares.

oh in before the lock lol
i don't think you understand the main reason why people are talking "trash". It's not about the gains he made.

It is just a misleading title. There probably wouldn't be much "trash talking" if the title had 267 whp in it in the first place.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i don't think you understand the main reason why people are talking "trash". It's not about the gains he made.

It is just a misleading title. There probably wouldn't be much "trash talking" if the title had 267 whp in it in the first place.
Right!! Itd be like my title saying " I have a 9 Second Car" and then everyone I click baited comes in and see oh, he ran that in the 1/8th mile. I mean still respectable for a civic but I mislead everyone. His 267 is still respectable, but its how we got to that number that made us all distrust everything else that was said.

Disclaimer: This is just an example, Im not saying I ran a 9 in the 1/4 or the 1/8th lol

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
It's very common for asian countries to go by engine power instead of WHP. Different culture different readings. like metric and imperial system

I personally don't care for the numbers. Your time at the track(drag or circuit) is what counts
Sponsored