1.5T Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod.

edgeautosport.com

Elite Sponsor
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm always curious about the corrected hp conversation because we're in Denver, CO where if we posted uncorrected numbers, everyone would think our cars were broken lol. So we always post a corrected dyno and they are highly corrected here because the atmosphere is much different. What I don't understand is Hong Kong is at sea level. A hot and humid day might give you a slightly corrected number but not 15% off. Just curious why it's corrected that much. Then again, I don't have experience with DynaPack's software and how it calculates hp. This dyno comes in at 267whp uncorrected.

Edit: forgot to mention...those aluminum rods...definitely not a typical rod choice for something like this. That's fancy.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'm always curious about the corrected hp conversation because we're in Denver, CO where if we posted uncorrected numbers, everyone would think our cars were broken lol. So we always post a corrected dyno and they are highly corrected here because the atmosphere is much different. What I don't understand is Hong Kong is at sea level. A hot and humid day might give you a slightly corrected number but not 15% off. Just curious why it's corrected that much. Then again, I don't have experience with DynaPack's software and how it calculates hp. This dyno comes in at 267whp uncorrected.

Edit: forgot to mention...those aluminum rods...definitely not a typical rod choice for something like this. That's fancy.
HP numbers sells parts.
People look at the number and think holy shit.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The reader should be aware of this deception. See the circled information.
deception.png

So not only are the figures in PS (1.13% higher than HP), they are also DELIBERATELY inflated 15% MORE. These are far from "true" power figures. The "TCF" or "Total Correction Factor" is a figure that Dynapack owners can enter at any time (and any value) that serves no other purpose than to "fluff" or artificially "inflate" the figures just so they "look better". This is not 311hp, and anyone expecting it to be is going to be sorely disappointed when they put their car on a dyno that has a dyno operator that doesn't intentionally inflate the power figures.

At most this is something like 265hp. Which we're already making on a 100% stock and unmodified turbo.
What would the 0-60 time on a custom job like that be? That looks crazy!
0-60 would still be unimpressive, probably really high 5's
deception.png

So not only are the figures in PS (1.13% higher than HP), they are also DELIBERATELY inflated 15% MORE. These are far from "true" power figures. The "TCF" or "Total Correction Factor" is a figure that Dynapack owners can enter at any time (and any value) that serves no other purpose than to "fluff" or artificially "inflate" the figures just so they "look better". This is not 311hp, and anyone expecting it to be is going to be sorely disappointed when they put their car on a dyno that has a dyno operator that doesn't intentionally inflate the power figures.

At most this is something like 265hp. Which we're already making on a 100% stock and unmodified turbo.
Our lord and savior has spoken :bow:

Shame on you @carfun :thumbsdown:

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag

That's SAE correction though, where you input the pressure, humidity and temp. Not "correction factor"

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots

TCF isn't a correction factor. It's a INFLATION factor. The dyno is already SAE corrected prior to any TCF inflation being applied.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Vit is working on a larger turbo upgrade as we speak. Pretty sure they Dyno'd @maddmatt02 with downpipe intake and tune at 300 lb ft of tq. and the hp number was over 250 or 260. Youll need a clutch to handle that though and it was slipping bad at that power. Vit already has one available through clutchmasters.
Nah, we didn't get that high. If I had the clutch at that point we might have been able to. hit 240/301 but turned it back down after that one run, if it held who knows what a little more tweaking could've done.

Also, at that point it was CAI only, nothing else.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nah, we didn't get that high. If I had the clutch at that point we might have been able to. hit 240/301 but turned it back down after that one run, if it held who knows what a little more tweaking could've done.

Also, at that point it was CAI only, nothing else.
Do you know how much whp/wtq your running? Last video of yours I saw, I think the only mod you had was a downpipe? :O

CVT_Squad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 2005 Pilot 2010 Insight 1998 Civic Hatch
Country flag
deception.png

Good catch. I've seen this stuff many times over the past 18 years.
Also, why no build pics? Those rods or that turbo are not even in that car. Shiesty!

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
LOL, this thread is about to go down hill fast... too funny, feels like honda-tech... In before the lock lol

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL, this thread is about to go down hill fast... too funny, feels like honda-tech... In before the lock lol
I think we are all patiently waiting for the OP to come back and (try to) justify their claims.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
@OP is on the same page as the guy who slapped an Si badge on his non Si in the " What did you do to your Civic today?!" thread. :rolleyes:
Sponsored