Favorite & Least Feature. Just One Please.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Hatchback Sport Touring

Not sure if the 2017 Nissan have this but my 2015 isn't so Intelligent (Key) compared to the Civic.

I love that I no longer have to push any buttons to Open or Lock the doors, okay except for the rear. LOL

This is my favorite feature.

My least right now because honestly I think it will only be useful on long drives where I might get tired or bored.

I'm talking about the Honda Sensing. I pretty much turned them off. I find it annoying, feels like a "back seat driver." LOL
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

Not sure if the 2017 Nissan have this but my 2015 isn't so Intelligent (Key) compared to the Civic.

I love that I no longer have to push any buttons to Open or Lock the doors, okay except for the rear. LOL

My least right now because honestly I think it will only be useful on long drives where I might get tired or bored.

I'm talking about the Honda Sensing. I pretty much turned them off. I find it annoying, feels like a "back seat driver." LOL
Android based infotainment system... And not having to pay for navigation i get for free on my phone.. Wich has always been better than oem.

Planemedic

Just the Facts Maam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Accord Ex, 2016 CRV EX, 2017 civic EXT w/sensing
Country flag
My favorite feature is the adaptive cruise control. It takes a little faith to get used to and you still need to pay attention but I use it everyday on my 35 mile commute. My least favorite feature is the satellite radio. I would just rather listen to my playlist's and podcasts.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Favorite feature - Keyless system. I get in my WRX and scoff at how primitive it is with it's stupid key and fob!

Least favorite feature - The uncustomizable infotainment and speedo/rpm screen. We should have got color options, layouts, fonts, and so much more. I also hate the info "options" we get. I'm always on MPG because boost is worthless, radio is beyond worthless (show artist song ffs! I already know what station!)

OP
OP
bembol

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Android based infotainment system... And not having to pay for navigation i get for free on my phone.. Wich has always been better than oem.
I love my Murano but it's amazing the difference between the two and my Nissan is fairly new, 2015.

Love the Navigation until I got the Civic. Like the keyless system it too was more advanced, last week I set it to the Toronto Auto Show and when I arrived it gave me an option to guide me to Parking.

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
'17 Hatch EX-CVT. No sensing.
Favorite - probably the instant MPG readout - common nowadays, I know, but my last car was an '04 Civic so this is new to me! It really helps me train myself to drive smarter for MPG purposes.

Least favorite? It's a tie between the buggy interface for Android Auto and the inconsistent performance of the walk-away auto lock. I keep my phone/wallet in one pocket and keys in the other and it doesn't always work. Hell, I even have ONLY my keys on me period and it still doesn't work consistently.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
'17 Hatchback EX-L
Fav.: Android Auto/CarPlay, value and technology for <$30k
Least Fav.: The trunk release button on keyfob doesn't work on the hatch.
2nd least fav.: I hate to beat a dead horse, but I really miss the volume knob. I'm getting used to it though.

OP
OP
bembol

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
'17 Hatchback EX-L
Fav.: Android Auto/CarPlay, value and technology for <$30k
Least Fav.: The trunk release button on keyfob doesn't work on the hatch.
2nd least fav.: I hate to beat a dead horse, but I really miss the volume knob. I'm getting used to it though.
The trunk release doesn't work, wonder why. Never even tried it since all you have to do is press it.

I read this Volume Knob and I'm still getting used it to. I use the Steering Wheel control and rarely use the Infotainment.

As for Android or Carplay, tried it before and TBH I don't get the big deal. Besides CMIIW but it has to be connected with the USB cable right? I don't need wires.

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
Favorite: Driver window auto up/down. All the cars I've had before were just auto down, not auto up. I can't believe how much I appreciate this. This plus brake hold makes life so easy going through drive-thrus!
Least: Auto headlights. When you get out and lock the car they stay on FOREVER and it freaks me out that maybe I left them on instead of auto. I find myself standing there waiting for them to go off. I would love to use auto headlights but it isn't worth my paranoia.

raiste

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Least: Auto headlights. When you get out and lock the car they stay on FOREVER and it freaks me out that maybe I left them on instead of auto. I find myself standing there waiting for them to go off. I would love to use auto headlights but it isn't worth my paranoia.
You can change the timer on the auto headlights. I think even down to 0 seconds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bembol

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Favorite: Driver window auto up/down. All the cars I've had before were just auto down, not auto up. I can't believe how much I appreciate this. This plus brake hold makes life so easy going through drive-thrus!
I wish they all had Auto for the back as well.

As for the Headlights always had this feature. Funny incident back with my first car, I walked away and a couple walked by and the man said, "you left your lights on." I said thank, they're auto.

As I walked away the woman said something like, I think he knows his car and they got into an argument. LOL

DrGiggleFr1tz

I love me some hatch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
You guys are going to love this one. I love every feature on my Hatchback Sport. It may seem to be lacking a lot of features compared to other models but literally everything is a upgrade. I'm coming from a 07 Cobalt...so even power locks and windows are mind blowing to me.

But if I had to nitpick, the one slightly annoying thing is that my audio doesn't reset to a lower volume when Bluetooth is connected. It stays at whatever the previous volume was. My girlfriend's 2013 Chevy Spark does this and it's about the only thing I like on it.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So hard to decide....

Favorite: heated seats. This combined with the remote start makes things so much nicer on cold winter days.

Least: the way the turn signal camera cuts out whatever is happening with the infotainment. So irritating to have it interrupt Siri reading a text when you need to change lanes.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
How dare you bring up the volume knob lol. The fact we get a haptic volume control on the steering wheel is WAAAAAY better imo.
You guys with the sedan get the haptic feedback and the sliding functionality. On the hatchback steering wheel, you can only use the plus/minus buttons to change the volume :(

The trunk release doesn't work, wonder why. Never even tried it since all you have to do is press it.

I read this Volume Knob and I'm still getting used it to. I use the Steering Wheel control and rarely use the Infotainment.

As for Android or Carplay, tried it before and TBH I don't get the big deal. Besides CMIIW but it has to be connected with the USB cable right? I don't need wires.
Yep, there is no wireless Android Auto or Apple CarPlay in our Civic. I think BMW & VW are working on wireless Apple CarPlay though.
Sponsored