Excessive heat from engine compartment

jacobri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring, 2012 crosstour, 2014 pathfinder, 2007 camry
My 2916 Touring 1.5turbo seems to give off excessive heat, noticed after shutting off. If I put my hand on the passenger side of the hood the heat that is coming out is very very hot, also if I open the hood and try to grab the hood hold open rod you have to hold on to the rubber as you cannot even hold on to the metal as it is very hot. I assume it's because of the turbocharger and it's normal. I guess that's ok but I am concerned about the excessive heat coming out the side hood that I might discolor my white paint. has anyone else noticed this? I will go to the dealer eventually and ask.

Thx
Sponsored

OkeyDOKEyMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag
I just noticed this about 20 minutes ago. I was going to assess underneath the hood because I got a extremely small ding that I want to have removed via PDR. I was not expecting to touch a hood and hood rod that I had to bobble to keep my hand cool. 16 Ex-T as well.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2916 Touring 1.5turbo seems to give off excessive heat, noticed after shutting off. If I put my hand on the passenger side of the hood the heat that is coming out is very very hot, also if I open the hood and try to grab the hood hold open rod you have to hold on to the rubber as you cannot even hold on to the metal as it is very hot. I assume it's because of the turbocharger and it's normal. I guess that's ok but I am concerned about the excessive heat coming out the side hood that I might discolor my white paint. has anyone else noticed this? I will go to the dealer eventually and ask.

Thx
Yes they do get hot it says by that rod to pick up by foam....its normal according to Honda tech :flame:

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some of us are so use to handling big hot rods every time we go take a leak, and that's probably why we don't even notice this issue.

OH COME ON....how was I not suppose to make that joke? :cool:
Back in the day friends 425hp 396 Chevelle could roast a chicken on the hood:agree:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some of us are so use to handling big hot rods every time we go take a leak, and that's probably why we don't even notice this issue.

OH COME ON....how was I not suppose to make that joke? :cool:
:eek:o_O:what::crazy:

OP
OP
jacobri

jacobri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring, 2012 crosstour, 2014 pathfinder, 2007 camry
I just noticed this about 20 minutes ago. I was going to assess underneath the hood because I got a extremely small ding that I want to have removed via PDR. I was not expecting to touch a hood and hood rod that I had to bobble to keep my hand cool. 16 Ex-T as well.
Yeah, seems excessive

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
:doh::crazy::banghead:
This is the funniest thread I've read on here in a long time. The turbo is upfront and there is a sticker saying to not touch the metal part of the prop. Are you serious? What do you expect the engine to be cold? Unbelievable.... SMFH

OkeyDOKEyMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag
:doh::crazy::banghead:
This is the funniest thread I've read on here in a long time. The turbo is upfront and there is a sticker saying to not touch the metal part of the prop. Are you serious? What do you expect the engine to be cold? Unbelievable.... SMFH

Hehehe. The heat is actually pretty intense. I can freely open the hood on this beast without any issuse. I may use a little DEI reflect-a-gold- wrap on a 4x4 square where I lift the hood.

Honda Civic 10th gen Excessive heat from engine compartment IMG_20160709_202828_01~2

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I wonder if an intercooler upgrade would help

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
or a new hood when some better venting

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Excessive heat from engine compartment post-58475-Morgan-Freeman-hes-right-you-k-9kKd
Sponsored