Engine Mods During Honda Warranty

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
I know this topic has been covered before by many people, I sort of wanted to ask the question in a different way though.

Has anyone who has all these bolt-ons (intake, exhaust, intercooler, BOV) etc and an ECU flash had problems taking their Honda in for routine maintenance?

I understand that if something were to go wrong you would be screwed, but I haven't seen anyone here posting saying that an intake blew their engine and they needed to take it to Honda to get replaced.

I'm just curious if some Honda dealers are stubborn and won't work on a modified car. I really really want to do some work on mine and if it really came down to it I would pay for a repair if a part caused it.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding for how Honda treats their customers who modify their cars. I am financing my car over 5 years, and I have an extended warranty, but I imagine I'm going to get rid of this car around the 5 year mark so hopefully if there was to be any long term damage I may not experience it.

Any thoughts here? Sorry for the repeated topic listing I just want to finally nail this down once and for all.
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Best to ask the dealer where you get your car serviced - they, and only they, determine the level of hassle to be provided. If you're travelling or out of town, they all bets are off.