Heres does say honda.
Honda Civic 10th gen Engine Cover...What do you think? s-l500

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
LOL, I doubt it. Heck, my 13 Escape 2.0 is not only painted, but insulated underneath.
IMG_0946.JPG
Some engines are designed to function properly with a cover and such cover should not be removed. GM's 3800 Series II V6 was an example. In addition to quieting injector noise, it also served as a duct to direct cooling air to the back of the engine.

Engines that don't have engine covers were designed to function properly without one. Adding one may or may not cause problems. I'd rather not take the risk. :)

OP
OP
Darky

Darky

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
...nor should they be, IMHO. Efficient - yes. Reliable - sure. Pretty - who cares?

"Engine cover" --> "hood" :)
I'm not complaining or anything..thats just my opinion

Engines that don't have engine covers were designed to function properly without one. Adding one may or may not cause problems. I'd rather not take the risk.
Agreed

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I miss when engines had a nice painted and lettered valve cover and that was all they needed. Now even the valve cover is looking like its an after though.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Engines that don't have engine covers were designed to function properly without one. Adding one may or may not cause problems. I'd rather not take the risk. :)
That's a blanket statement that applies to any thing ever. Eating a doughnut may or may not cause you problems.

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
Some engines are designed to function properly with a cover and such cover should not be removed. GM's 3800 Series II V6 was an example. In addition to quieting injector noise, it also served as a duct to direct cooling air to the back of the engine.

Do you know his ridiculous your blanket statement sounds?

So I can drive my civic in -10 degree weather and also drive it in 110 degree Las Vegas strip weather. I'm sure the "air flow" is totally important.

LMFAO. I guess nobody in hot climates is allowed to sit in their civic while it idles for 20 minutes. It might ruin everything in the engine bay. LOL

Oh wait, we have sensors, and a radiator thingy, and a fan thingy. LOL

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a blanket statement that applies to any thing ever. Eating a doughnut may or may not cause you problems.
That's a pretty bad analogy. If you're allergic to a doughnut, you'll have varying levels of discomfort after eating it. If your car's allergic to one of your uninformed modding decisions, your wallet will be hurting a lot more than your stomach was with the doughnut.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Is the 2018 CR-V not supposed to have the same engine as the Si? Why does the valve cover look so different?

https://i1.wp.com/www.thetruthabout...6/12/2-2017-Honda-CR-V-1.5-L-Turbo-Engine.jpg
That's a resonator you're seeing on top of the 2017-current CR-V 1.5L turbo engine - not a valve cover.

"There is also what initially appeared to be a mystery box on top of the 1.5-liter turbo. A quick call back to engineers revealed it to be a special resonator designed to absorb and attenuate induction noises caused by the turbocharger..." - http://www.motortrend.com/cars/honda/cr-v/2017/2017-honda-cr-v-first-look-review/

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
I installed mine at about 15 miles, just got 213 miles yesterday, so far so good. I do keep tabs on it here and there. However it could be to early to tell, I'll update if anything occurs.
Sponsored