Egged

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Thanks to some lovely kids who decided to throw eggs at my car while I was parked in front of my friends house, they scratched the F out of the spot right next to my door handle on the rear passenger side. I tried using some Mother's scratch remover and a little touch up paint, but most of them are too small to be filled in. Any ideas on how to fix it? Also, I am working up a voodoo curse to put on these kids in the meantime.
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's terrible, man. Good thing I garage mine.

What exactly scratched the paint? The eggshells or the egg matter itself? Either way, you could try using a clay bar to see if that will help take out the scratches. That would be my first attempt. If that doesn't work, I'd look around for a really good detailer and have them put their skills to work on the damage. Good luck, man.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Claybar doesn't remove scratches, it removes surface contaminants so that when you polish the car, you're not creating more scratches. It's still a good idea to do it though.

As far as this goes, I would also recommend taking it to a professional detailer.
Does your insurance not cover vandalism?

Also, fucking punks.

OP
OP

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
The shells definitely did it because it looks like a buckshot type scratch. It's not bad enough to warrant a whole new paint job, just enough to make my ocd go insane. I am going to try to buff it more and work it with some compound. I'm not sure about the insurance thing, I could find out. The last thing I want is my premium to go up though. You know how that will go. "Oh you live in an area where you can get vandalized? Strange, somehow your policy just got a thousand dollars more expensive per year." hahah

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
The shells definitely did it because it looks like a buckshot type scratch. It's not bad enough to warrant a whole new paint job, just enough to make my ocd go insane. I am going to try to buff it more and work it with some compound. I'm not sure about the insurance thing, I could find out. The last thing I want is my premium to go up though. You know how that will go. "Oh you live in an area where you can get vandalized? Strange, somehow your policy just got a thousand dollars more expensive per year." hahah
You should try googling "car got egged" or something to see what other people have found successful. If you go at it with the wrong methodology you may end up doing more damage, so be a bit careful.

Also, can't you at least inquire without making a claim?

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the scratches are bad and can't be buffed, I'd try to make a claim. I don't know where people get off on thinking it's fun to egg someone's car. I'd be hanging them upside down over the grand canyon if someone did that to mine.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I had good experience with the Meguiar's Scratch X remover, but I used an orbital polisher. If it's just the clear coat that got scratched, I'm sure it would be an easy fix for a detailer, and shouldn't cost too much if you go that route. I think I've seen someone post it cost them about $50-75?

Thanks to some lovely kids who decided to throw eggs at my car while I was parked in front of my friends house, they scratched the F out of the spot right next to my door handle on the rear passenger side. I tried using some Mother's scratch remover and a little touch up paint, but most of them are too small to be filled in. Any ideas on how to fix it? Also, I am working up a voodoo curse to put on these kids in the meantime.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I'd take it to a good detailer as well. I scratched up the door of my car pretty badly when I tried to wet-sand a deep scratch using a tutorial I found on YouTube (big mistake!) so I then tried compounding and polishing it out with a Meguiar's DA Power Tool but it barely made any difference. I then took it to a pro detailer expecting to pay hundreds of dollars but it only took them 15 minutes to fix it almost completely and they only charged me $25 (which is MUCH less than I paid for the power tool, compound and polish). I hope it works out for you.

OP
OP

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Thanks for all the help dudes! I am going to try to weigh my options. If I have to take it to a pro place I will. My dad is pretty good with fixing these kinds of things so I want to see if he can buff them out. It is so frustrating that I try my best to keep my car nice and people just go out of their way to try to ruin it. Anyone else park like 5 miles away from everything and come out and have a single car parked 2 inches from your door? Thats my life.

Ant918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
God damn that's so fucked up, I'm sorry man. Shit when I was a kid me and my buddies would never think for a second to vandalize somebody's property cause we knew if somehow we got caught that our dads would beat our asses in lol. It's poor parenting nowadays that leads to this shit happening.

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Anyone else park like 5 miles away from everything and come out and have a single car parked 2 inches from your door?
I f'n hate when that happens! And half the time it's a crappy car which just makes it worse.
Sponsored