Dyno at Blacktraxperfomance

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
this must have been on 91 octance with 93 here in the east coast there hitting 295-300whp on a dyna pac

either way thats amazing

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
What gear did you use to do the runs? I noticed on a another video, the Type R made more power on the dyno in fourth gear.

Here is the link:

3rd Gear = 302 HP, 258 lb-ft
4th Gear = 305 HP, 301 lb-ft
92 Octane on a DynoJet Dyno

Maybe the DynoPak reads lower than the DynoJet

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
What gear did you use to do the runs? I noticed on a another video, the Type R made more power on the dyno in fourth gear.

Here is the link:

3rd Gear = 302 HP, 258 lb-ft
4th Gear = 305 HP, 301 lb-ft
92 Octane on a DynoJet Dyno

Maybe the DynoPak reads lower than the DynoJet

Now this is what I'm talking about!!!!! Dynapak doesn't read low,. The dude is from cali using 91 octane. We used a dynapak on a ctr with 92 as well as 93 and hit numbers such as the one in your vid.

Glad you posted this

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Air temp is the biggest factor guys. The hotter it gets, the less boost it will make

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
You really can't compare numbers from different dynos like this. There are way too many variables.

First of all, different dynos will read different numbers based on how they are calibrated. In theory, they are supposed to be the same, but this almost never happens.

Second, the environment is a huge variable. Temperature, altitude, etc., all play into what numbers you will get on that day.

Finally, each motor is different. You would be surprised at the amount of variation you might see between two of the same car, on the same dyno, on the same day.

It's not an exact science. Dynos are a good tool as long as you have realistic expectations about what you can get out of them. How fast a car is has to do with a lot of things, not just what numbers come out of a dyno.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not an exact science. Dynos are a good tool as long as you have realistic expectations about what you can get out of them. How fast a car is has to do with a lot of things, not just what numbers come out of a dyno.
Well said! Dyno's are a great tuning tool. As long as you are happy with how it runs on the strip, street, or track, it really doesn't matter what a sheet of paper says. I was one that dynoed my car about a month ago. It was more curiosity for me. It felt way stronger than 306 flywheel HP. The dynoed proved it was.
Sponsored