DTR with Fog Lights?

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a way to make it so you can turn on the fog lights with out having the headlights on?

I know on Toyotas you can remove a wire/repin to use the fog lights anytime.

Any info is appreciated!
Sponsored

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just tape over your headlights while they're on. /s

But yeah, would be neat. Watching.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what I've come up in my head. I don't have a CTR to implement it. With this method, no wires need to be cut, but you'll need to tap into the parking light and headlight wires. Not sure if each fog light is on a separate circuit so you may need to tap into each positive wire. When you turn on the parking light, the 12V is sent from Relay 2 to Relay 1 and completes the circuit from the battery to the foglights. When you turn on your headlights, it opens the circuit thus allowing power to go to the fog lights the normal way. Below is an illustration on how to wire them all together.

Honda Civic 10th gen DTR with Fog Lights? Foglight Mod

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport, 6MT, Sonic Gray
Country flag
This is what I've come up in my head. I don't have a CTR to implement it. With this method, no wires need to be cut, but you'll need to tap into the parking light and headlight wires.
This will work. However, there will be no indication that your fog lights are on from your instrument cluster. Additionally, you have no control of your fog lights when park lights are on.

This setup will override your combination switch; in my HB Sport the park lights stay on when I turn on headlights.
Plus, don't forget to fuse connections you make from the battery, close to the battery.
Sponsored