drove over parking curb

NYindyfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Just drove over a big double parking curb. It doesn't feel like there's any damage. Is there anything I should watch for underneath the car? These hondas are so damn low so it has me worried. You could barely clear a curb without hitting something underneath and doing damage. I drove about 200 miles home and didn't feel like any problems. Do you guys think I should take it to the dealer and have it checked?
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just drove over a big double parking curb. It doesn't feel like there's any damage. Is there anything I should watch for underneath the car? These hondas are so damn low so it has me worried. You could barely clear a curb without hitting something underneath and doing damage. I drove about 200 miles home and didn't feel like any problems. Do you guys think I should take it to the dealer and have it checked?
If you drove it 200 miles without issue, I'm sure it is fine. Take a breather and relax ;)

If there's cosmetic damage such as scratches, dents, etc...then get an estimate if you want that fixed. As for internal issues over hopping a curb, I doubt it, and I wouldn't waste any money at Honda to get them to check it out. I've hopped curbs on lower and more expensive cars (accidentally of course) and have only come out with a small scrape or two. Don't fret too much!

OP
OP

NYindyfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Thanks buddy. I've been kicking myself over this ever since for being so stupid. It was dark out and I figured I'd save time to go forward and didn't realize about the big parking curb. I didn't see any scratches but wasn't sure about all that going on underneath the car since these hondas are so low to the ground. I was bending down on all fours to see if I notice anything but I don't know enough to know what to really look for.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks buddy. I've been kicking myself over this ever since for being so stupid. It was dark out and I figured I'd save time to go forward and didn't realize about the big parking curb. I didn't see any scratches but wasn't sure about all that going on underneath the car since these hondas are so low to the ground. I was bending down on all fours to see if I notice anything but I don't know enough to know what to really look for.
Are you on stock height? That isn't that low at all... Can't wait to get rims and get more lowered

OP
OP

NYindyfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
2016 LX. Is that not considered low? If I go a little too far in a lot with a medium sized curb I get a scrape. but I had to have cleared this big curb this time since I had no scrapes or anything. This is my 3rd honda but I can't recall if my first was anywhere near this low. But I'm more concerned with the stuff happening underneath the car.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2016 LX. Is that not considered low? If I go a little too far in a lot with a medium sized curb I get a scrape. but I had to have cleared this big curb this time since I had no scrapes or anything. This is my 3rd honda but I can't recall if my first was anywhere near this low. But I'm more concerned with the stuff happening underneath the car.
These Civics are crazy low for OEM. The skid rails on my WRX probably sit the same off the ground and I have lowering springs on that car. The thought of lowering this car even more blows my mind.

There are a lot of plastic panels under our cars. If there is nothing hanging after that many miles, just have your dealer/tech look at it when you get your next oil change.

Don't worry, we've all done stupid stuff like that. I once ran over a parking curb in my old 97 Talon that sat about 3" off the ground. I DESTROYED my front fascia and intercooler. I created new swear words that day.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Ouch... Things like that happen at night. The biggest things you used to look for were crushed or torn lines or exhaust pipe. Newer cars have them protected and tucked away pretty good with the aero panels.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Couple days ago I turned around in someone's driveway and scraped the underside. Some of the paint got scraped off. Can't see it but I know it's there so it bothers me. I just sanded it to as flat a possible and then painted it. Can still see where it's scraped but at least it's painted and polished.
Sponsored