Drove A Sport Hatchback Today..Polished Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Pilot, Tacoma, TSX
I'm in the same boat as you. I like the Mazda but beyond handling, it's not as good as the Civic as an overall package. The refreshed 2017 Kia Forte 5 SX turbo seems promising but it's not out yet. Same with the upcoming Elantra Sport turbo. I was interested in the new Impreza until I saw the weak power numbers. I was thinking about a GTI but VW scares me a bit on reliability. Ultimately, I'm probably going to get an EX hatch. Not a huge fan of CVT's but I just don't think I'd be happy with the missing features on the Sport. I keep my cars for a long time and this will be my daily driver.
I will say that I just bought a Touring and was concerned about the CVT, but it is actually nice. Unless you like banging gears all the time and always run WFO, the CVT transmission is really not bad. I was 1 day away from buying a Jetta GLI-SEL before I bought the Touring for roughly the same price because it was super nice to drive and quick. In the grand scheme, how often daily do you really run the car hard...yet the other stuff is there when and if you want it.
Sponsored