Does anyone have a parking buddy at work?

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Same spot every day next to the same employees all the time.But we do have a private lot.Plus my employees know how OCD I am about my Civic.

glbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sports Hatchback
Country flag
Got my owners and warranties manual today.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I park at the bus station, that spot is out in the open and visible, but i dont think any spot there is safe from vandalism
Yeah, I hear you. It wouldnt stop me from parking there. But it does draw attention to the car. Usually this is a good thing, but there a lot of dicks out there.

theonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone have a parking buddy at work? 17126274_415956615416933_1497257815935287296_n

I have more than 1 Parking Buddies LOL
Good thing we all have turbos.
We are all even spaced out

PGrif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L w/Nav
Country flag
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone on civicx has an arrangement with anyone at work to park next to the same car in the same spots every day. There has been a modded MazdaSpeed 3 (though you experts can confirm/correct from picture below) that's parked next to my PMM hatch the last three days:
hatchhatch.jpg

You can see my anti-ding strategy - I park on the left side of this space, to put maximum distance between myself and the car to my left (no spot is on my right). This comes into play if someone backs in and opens their driver door or pulls in straight and has a passenger. This is a work lot, and most people don't carpool, so it's unlikely the passenger door on the car to my left would open, and most people here pull straight in, so I am trying to minimize the chances of any contact.

Does anyone else park in the same spot/coordinate with others at work who are also obviously ding-conscious?
That's awesome... not as good as PandaXpress has, but damn near perfect. I park WAY out in the boonies every time, and I can't believe how many times someone with a dinosaur POS parks next to me. At least you know your parking neighbor will care enough not to smash their door into you!

Claude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
I used to, until he retired. We'd park passenger doors against each other, as closely as possible, to leave as much room as possible on either side for doors opening.

I now park in the street since getting a pretty big dent thanks to a careless coworker in the office parking lot.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
We have assigned parking spaces at my office and I have to parallel park on the street. I'm pretty nervous most days because we're on a narrowish downtown street 3 blocks away from a college campus

Buklau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Park beside my boss and my coworker everyday. Our camera is right over those parking spots so we literally see and record everything that passes by our cars. I'm going to be putting on new rims on my car very soon and having a camera right where I park really makes you less stressed.

glbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sports Hatchback
Country flag
My HB is all alone at work.

Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone have a parking buddy at work? 2017-03-22 15.04.59

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I always park next to people who back in. At least in my experience, they're usually more careful about parking/their cars in general.

I have a parking buddy or 5 ;)
Yup, this is my strategy as well. I park next to the same guy every day who also backs in at the very back of the parking lot. It's a solid arrangement.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I arrive to work half an hour earlier than everyone else because I'm on the early shift, so I'm able to park on the very end right up against the line. Leave PLENTY of space for the person next to me. It has worked well so far.

Before then when I was coming in at the same time as everyone else, I had a co-worker with a blacked out Camry who is also crazy anal about her car. We used to park with our passenger sides against each other, just a couple of inches apart. This ensured that there was plenty of space on the other sides, and that no one would walk in between our cars on their way into the office either. Worked out well.

If you don't have one, find one!